Chapter 7

Please listen to the song while reading! It fits perfectly with this chapter. Enjoy!

"What went wrong?" I asked softly

"What went wrong?" I asked softly. He glanced at me with tired eyes.

"I missed you" he said holding my cheeks. He caressed the skin of my face before letting his hands fall to his side.

"I thought you were going to reject me. My wolf couldn't take it, but he wasn't the problem" He said. He knew I was going to ask what happened. He knew.

"There is something I didn't tell you Ziki" he said almost sadly.

"I know Adrian, I know but don't stress right now. Just come with me. Let me take you to your home." I said getting up and pulling him along with me. I intertwined my hands with his while we walked through the forest.

I looked at him. I didn't want him to feel like he's forced to tell me anything because we are mates. I want him to tell me when he trusts me.

"I really did miss you. I don't want you to leave again." He said all the while looking at the forest floor. I pulled him closer to me trying to ease his tenseness. I told him to be quiet and enjoy the walk.

Surprisingly, I did not experience any fatigue today. I was quite relaxed and rather peaceful, and this proved that he was the real reason I was feeling like this. I was very much afraid now because if I was going to embark in this relationship then I needed to know him. I really didn't want to do a relationship because of my lack of experience but he needed me. And as far as I see, I needed him too.

As we broke the forest line, I realized that the pack members were gone and only his beta, who's name I still didn't know, and some pack warriors were left. Some men were gathering the bodies forming a large pile and others were starting a fire. I presume to burn the bodies. When his beta saw me, he smiled at us waving me over.

"Who are you? You little angel" his beta asked giving me a sly smile. Before I could answer, Adrian had his arms tightened around his beta's neck and his eyes were red again.

"Don't!" he gritted out. I immediately stepped to Adrian pulling him towards me. I looked him in the eyes giving him a slight look telling him to calm down. I smiled at his beta outstretching my hands.

"I'm Aziki Rodden, Alpha of the True-Clan Pack and this hot head's mate" I said. That statement made everyone freeze. I literally mean everyone. Even the birds in the sky, plummeting to the ground (maybe I exagerrated here but who cares! The place became silent). Everything froze.

Adrian was giving me a surprised look before he smiled and pulled me into a hug. He had his nose in the crook of my neck. Before sighing. I pulled back feeling weird from the affection and spoke to his beta.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Uh... I'm Zackery but you can call me Zack. I'm the beta of this pack. I didn't know you were his mate" He whispered sounding remorseful.