Chapter 4

TW: talk of drug overdose and suicide

"Party Friday were all going right?" I was at lunch with Vi and Beca, we were sitting on one of the tables outside, the weather was cool but bearable, only three other people were sitting outside so it was nice to be a little secluded from everyone else.

"I'll go," "same here."  We all agreed already going over the subject of the party a few days ago.
"Ok cool it's all set well get ready at Faith's house and head over to the party together," Vi spoke taking a bite out of her sandwich, "fine by me," "good."

"Moving on from that Faith I saw you talking with Tyler spill."

I looked up glancing at Beca then shifting my gaze to the sandwich that was in front of me trying to look anywhere but them, "I just asked him for the notes for English," I was met with two disappointed gazes, "what did you think would happen guys?"

"I don't know maybe just a little more action or something," "I've been here for less than two weeks give me a break, I'm not going to have sex with him."  I said in a annoyed tone with a smile.

"Ok well I'm just saying the two of you look like a Hollywood couple, Brad Pit and Jenifer Aniston type of couple."

I chuckled taking a bite of my lunch, "I could never live up to Brad and Jennifer."

"Ya well, he did cheat on our queen." "True," Beca held up her water bottle smiling she spoke, "well fuck Brad Pit, no one cheats on Jen and gets away with it." Vi and I brought our water to the center of the table and we all cheered our cups together making the water in the move around.

"Fuck Brad Pit." We all yelled making other people turn their heads in concern, we pulled back laughing.

Lunch ended too soon and I was now on my way to Math with a scowl on my face, it was only the first week of school and my math homework had accumulated into a pile, not that I care. The pile would probably just keep growing.

It was safe to say that I hated math, I more than hated it, every single bone in my body dispised it and saying that still doesn't even begin to explain my hatred for math. I stepped into the classroom and beelined it to the back row, sitting down I put rested my head on my desk and waited for class to start.

My gaze never looked up from the desk or the window, the teacher spent thirty minutes talking about fractions and now we have fifteen minutes to work on the homework and the rest we have to do later.

Looking at the textbook I glanced over the questions and tried to see which ones I understood, looking up I internally laughed at myself due to to the fact that none of the questions made any sense to my stupid brain.

Soon enough class ended and I was on my way to the library for free period, I took one of the tables in the middle around all of the bookshelves and got out my math homework once again trying to at least have somewhat of an understanding of the work.

After ten minutes I was getting annoyed at myself, this should be easy to understand but nothing was sticking with me, when I looked at the questions my mind went blank, I was able to get a few questions done, they were probably all wrong but at least would count as completed.

Walking out of the library feeling like an idiot I kept my head held high putting on an act of confidence that I lacked.

My locker felt as though it were mocking me as I grabbed my books shoving them in my bag, I wanted to get out of this hellhole as quick as possible which is what I always thought at the end of the day.

I quickly walked over to Beca and Vi to say goodbye before shuffling my feet to my car, it was funny because as much as I hated school even the mere thought of going home made my gut twist, every time I went home to just my dad it was a reminder of what I did, I tore my whole family apart.