Chapter 35

The rest of the week went by quickly after the camping trip, everything started to fall into place and it scared me how perfect everything was.

Seb's birthday was in a few days and thanks to Alex I was graced with that information, Seb hasn't mentioned anything about his birthday and I don't think he will, I know things are really bad at home for him but he won't admit it to himself.

Every night for the past week I've asked him to stay over but he still reflects my offer of staying at my house and instead goes back home and listens to his parent's fight for hours on end.

I hate not being able to comfort him but I wouldn't know how to anyway, I'm not someone people come to because they need a hug, I'm just not.

It was Sunday night and tonight was the first night I have had dinner with my dad for almost over a year, it was weird but I loved every second of it. I told him all about Seb and the camping trip, I found myself aimlessly talking about Seb and I wouldn't even notice it, it just happened and the next thing I know I'm smiling and blushing.

What the fuck is happening to me?

I was working on a math sheet trying to solve whatever equations were on the paper but failed to do so with my mind constantly wandering to the thoughts of Seb being ok, what are girlfriends supposed to do when this happens?

I gave up after ten minutes and decided my mind needed a break so I walked downstairs and passed my dad telling him I was going to get gas for school tomorrow, I slipped on my shoes and checked my jacket pocket making sure I had a pack of cigarettes.

I pulled into the parking lot of the parking feeling weird sitting in my car in a parking lot without my smoking buddy, what the fuck have I done with myself?

My phone rang as I sat on the park bench with a smoke resting in between my lips and I pulled it out of my pocket hoping to see the devil's name pop up but 'Hot-ass blondie' popped up instead.

Alex you mother fucker.

I answered it with a sigh and waited for Alex to say something stupid, "Faith, hi what are you doing right now?"

The seriousness in his voice made me sit up a little straighter and blow out the smoke letting it cloud my vision, "nothing why?" "Have you called Sebastian or has he called you?"

I shook my head as if he could see me and took the cigarette out of my mouth and twirled it around my fingers, "no."

"Alex, what's going on?" He sighed through the other end and I could hear the shakiness in his voice "I don't know, but I drove to his house this morning because we were going to hang out but when I pulled up to his house his car wasn't there but even from the road I could hear his parents screaming at eachother, Faith you know how much that bothers him." "Ya, I do."

I've never heard Alex be this serious and if I wasn't worried about Seb I would laugh at how concerned he was about Seb who acted as if he hated him, even though I knew that was far from the truth.

"I don't think he is ok," "me either." "Would he be at the underground?" "I asked thinking of places he would go if he was mad, "that's what I was thinking but if he wanted to be found it would be by you."

My heart squeezed at the thought but I knew Seb needed more time to himself, if he was at the underground he would be ok, there are people around him and he wouldn't try anything. I would wait a few hours before going to him, it wasn't because I was scared to try and help him but I know that when I'm mad the last thing I want is people being around me, especially if I have to be nice to them.

"I'll give him time and then I'll go." I told Alex puffing out a cloud of smoke, "ok but Faith, please don't leave him." "I'm going to see him soon." "I don't mean just right now, Faith I've never seen my best friend like this and all I'm asking is please don't break his heart."