Chapter 17

TW: Body Image

The days seemed to pass me slowly, I was watching my life pass by me in a blur.

 It almost felt as if I wasn't even living my own life anymore. I got up and went to school as I always did, smart talking my teachers and getting into fights with Blair.

Seb and I continued to steal glances at eachother and carry on with our banter but for the most part,

 I was avoiding him because something was bubbling up between the two of us and all I could do was stay away from him so it would stop.

I was going over to Becas house with Vi and because it was Saturday and we could stay over for the weekend, I was just waiting for Vi to pick me up.

 I don't know what I will do when I leave these girls, I rely on them so much it hurts to know that one day I won't be able to talk to them, they helped me take my mind off of everything,

 the guilt, the pain, I feel happy when I was with them, I feel like a normal teenager.

I finish packing my bag just in time to hear a familiar car horn outside my house, I looked out at the evening sky and saw Vi's car pulled up waiting for me, I ran down the stairs hoping my dad would be there, 

we still have had no interaction since the little confrontation a week ago. I walked down the stairs listening to any sign that he was still in the house, 

with no luck I quickly walked past the kitchen and to the front door trying not to keep my mind on the fact that my dad wants nothing to do with me.

"Hey! Who is ready to have the best weekend ever!"

 "I am, I just want to get drunk and watch the Office," "sounds good to me." Vi pulled out of the driveway and we made our way to Becas house,

 I was ready to forget everything that has happened the past few weeks and just let myself take a break before everything caught up to me once again.

"So how's everything with Caleb?" "It's actually going really well, between the two of us neither of us wanted to jump straight to a relationship but we also know we're not just friends," 

"Vi I'm so happy for you, but don't wait too long, if you want him and vice versa what's the hold up?"

 "Says you, Sebastian and you are practically dating by now, just women up and ask him out," "I just can't." 

She sighed at my dismissal and turned her head back to the road, "ok whatever take your time, but you should listen to your own advice once in a while."

 I nudged her with my shoulder and we turned the radio on and talked about less important aspects in our lives.

"What took so long?" "Vi's driving did, she drives like an old lady."

 Beca greeted us at the door and we all walked inside her house, I turned my head and took in everything, she had a nice house not too small but also not too big,.

"My brother is out tonight with my parents so we have the whole place to ourselves," "that's sounds great." 

Vi and I walked up to Becas room and put our stuff down on the bed spreading our bodies out relaxing.

"Faith don't get mad but I accidentally texted Oli saying that he and the boys should come over for the night."

 Like a jack in the box I sprung up off of the bed and glared at her letting her words replay in my head "so everyone's coming over?"