Chapter 15

I couldn't stay here for any longer, so I called the only person I could think of, with my ego taking a huge hit I dialled Sebastian's number and asked him if he could pick me up.

 I just needed to get some air and talk,

 I had so much to get off of my chest these past few months and I knew Seb was the only person who would listen and not judge me.

The whole car drive was filled with silence and the radio's sound, but it was a content silence not awkward.

Seb pulled into the parking lot and we got out still not saying anything, looking out on the town you could see everything, it was dark out but everything was lit up, 

the town looks so small from here. From our view it looked like we held the whole world in our hands.

 Breaking the silence I spoke up.

 I think I just needed to tell someone after all these months and with him, it felt like I could tell him everything and that scared me.

it shook me deep to the core knowing how much I wanted to let Seb in, let him be there for me, tell him everything that has been eating me up on the inside. 

"You know I wasn't always this way."

 I felt Seb's hard green eyed gaze on me but I kept looking straight as I continued taking deep breaths trying to gain back the lost courage. 

"I was never this mean, cold or bitchy, hell I used to be welcoming to some people." "what changed?"

 That was the first time Seb spoke sense he picked me up, his deep voice gave me the comfort I didn't know I needed.

 "I changed I guess, my Mom died a few months ago, and, I don't even know why I'm telling you this but anyway she died, but you already knew that."

I was rambling trying to avoid having to talk to him even though he wasn't pushing anything. He was letting me come to him, letting me take the comfort and silence I needed.

 "She didn't deserve to die you know, she did nothing wrong."

"she was the most amazing woman I ever knew. It makes me mad because it just really shows that the world doesn't give a shit about you or anyone, but I also know that her death was my fault." 

Unshed tears blurred my vision but I was not going to cry, not here. 

Seb took my hand and held it giving me silent support to keep going, his rings were cold to the touch but I relished in the feeling of them against my skin.

"Months before she died I met a lot of terrible people but at the time that was just me being a stupid teenager and lashing out on my parents, they couldn't keep control over me I was this monster they didn't know how to handle, I would rarely be at home and when I was I spent it fighting with my parents"

Flashbacks of the many nights spent arguing with my parents kept replaying In my mind. 

"One night I snuck out and met some of my friends, I guess that they weren't my friends but they were the closest thing as friends and family I had at that point."

The sun was hidden as it had set hours ago, the moon took its place shining bright above us. My mom used to say when the sun shined bright it was her saying hello. 

She never liked the nighttime, she said the darkness scared her. Not knowing what could be out there. I always loved the night over the day, the way the darkness covered everything creating a blanket over everything.