Ordinary Breakfast

8 am: *Rustle rustle* *Yawn*

I opened my eyes to see a lit room. It was morning. I saw Satou sitting up in his bed yawning. Right, if I wanna be completely average, I got to wake up at exactly 8 am, just like him.

I pull the covers off, sit up, and yawn. Just like he did. I'm mimicking his very actions to a Tee.

"Oh good morning Saiki!"

I look over at Satou to see...whaaa...?

For some strange reason, my heartbeat sped up a bit and I lost my breath momentarily.

The light from the sun shined in through a window and a crack in between the curtains. It shined right behind Satou, creating this sun flare that matched the color of his eyes. It Made his whole body glow.

I didn't know normal people could do that. I especially didn't know normal people, like him, could look so...

"Saiki? are you ok?"

"Huh, what? O-Oh! Y-Yeah! Sorry, Satou I just spaced out for a second there."

"Oh that's alright, I guess you might still be pretty tired then, haha."

"Yeah, that. Ha ha."

I felt my body heat up, mostly my face. It was a strange feeling. I didn't like it. It made me feel soft and weak, it felt like I was floating. It was a different kind of floating feeling, not the one I can already do, but like a I'm as light my as a feather and floating comes completely naturally and involuntary. Get rid of it.

"Hey, we should head over to the breakfast area while we wait for everyone else to wake up." Satou said.

"Alright."

"Alright, I'll go get dressed!"

Satou got out of bed, grabbed his clothes, and walked into the bathroom. Once again I timed him while aporting my own clothes.

After an uneventful 2 minutes, he walked out of the bathroom.

"Are you ready to go Saiki?"

I nod.

"Alright. I packed my hiking supplies the night before so I could grab them and go in the morning. Do you have your stuff packed too?"

Crap! I forgot to pack my stuff. I'm not like normal people so I don't need to bring all the extra essentials to hike up a mountain. I could just get them at a moments notice by teleporting there and back.

But it would be suspicious for someone to go hiking without bringing any of those things. I got to think fast. I don't want Satou to believe I'm some impossibly unnatural being. Or raise any suspicions on why I didn't even think to pack beforehand. Oh, I got it!

I will simply just, hold up my backpack to give the allusion that there are in fact hiking supplies inside. The bag is empty. But he doesn't know that.

"Great! Let's go!"

I better bring a water bottle with me, just in case.

We step out of our hotel room and head to the small breakfast area near reception. It has some self-serve items like pancakes, waffles, muffins, cereal, fruit, and other small bars. Probably for the hikers passing by for a quick on-the-go snack.

"Let's go get some food!"

We were the only ones in the breakfast area. None of our other group members were here yet. Good.