Broken Bridge of the Ridge

It all happened so fast...

In one swift, less than a fraction of a fraction of a second, motion. I had teleported right where it happened.

The creaks and the CRACK.

The bridge had broken.

And Satou was the victim.

The railing had broke and Satou began to fall.

I wasn't gonna let my perfect boy die in a not-so-ordinary way.

Swoosh! I teleported right to the spot it happened, and just in time too. I grabbed Satou's wrist and held on tightly.

Now don't get me wrong. Holding onto him was the easy part. I can lift a million times his weight.

The real problem was trying not to let people see my psychic abilities. I already teleported to this spot from several feet away. If anyone fully saw that, it would raise a lot of questions.

Next, if I casually lift him back up with ease, that would probably confirm any suspicions of me being, slightly different and most definitely inhuman from everyone else. Or in other words. A psychic.

So, what's a logical way out of this predicament? Simple! I will look like I'm struggling to lift him up back on the bridge.

I grip onto Satou's wrist even tighter. I breathe out and look him in the eye. He looks completely terrified. He's clearly never experienced this amount of unluckiness before in his life.

My guess is that being able to hold Hii's hand going onto the bridge gave him just enough luck to get his luck meter counteracted by his almost death.

But his luck meter went down more than it went up with Hii. So that means, him being saved by me must have evened out his luck meter.

I put on a struggling face, that makes me look like I'm...Struggling, I guess.

I pulled Satou up to safety, slowly. I didn't have many places to set him down once I got him back up on the bridge, so I set him on my lap.

He collapsed down on my chest, breathing heavily. I gave him a few minutes to calm down. I could feel his heart pounding through his chest.

My mom always did this with me, but I began patting his back and I wrapped my arm around his shoulder for comfort.

Everyone was silent. Clearly stunned by the lively ness of the event. No one seemed to know l what to say.

Heck, I couldn't even hear people's thoughts anymore. They were all just silent.

A couple more minutes passed and finally, I decided to speak.

"Hey, Satou. Are you ok?"

     Wh...What is this?

Hm? Finally, after a long time, I hear someone think. It's Satou.

     Is Satou ok?

What just happened?

Omg, did Satou really just fall?

Oops, maybe those ghosts went a little too far on that one.

Wow, Saiki just saved him! That's impressive!

Oh my, that really scared me!

And of course, there's everyone else's thoughts too. WAIT WHAT DID TORITSUKA JUST THINK? I'LL KILL THAT STUPID MEDIU-

     What is this...What is this...feeling

Huh? It's Satou's thoughts again. What is this feeling he is talking about?

     This feeling...I can't deny it...

Is Satou ok? What is he talking about?

     My savior...Saiki...

His savior? Odd title but I guess it's true for him, I did save him after all.

     Saiki, I really...

     Huh?

          I really like...

     Huh?!

...I REALLY LIKE MY SAVIOR, SAIKI!

MISATTRIBUTION OF AROUSAL IS REAL!