We Stay Hungry

*Swoosh*

     "Woah! Ah-Huh? Saiki!? Don't suddenly teleport me without warning, that startled me! But, where are we?" Satou looked at his surroundings.

An open field surrounded us full of flowers. Every color of the rainbow flooded my vision. There's green grass, red, pink, purple, and orange flowers, blue sky, white clouds, blackbirds, and a giant yellow sun.

In front of me was a boy with brown hair and yellow eyes, it was Satou. Behind Satou, a structure, a house. A house very familiar to me, its layout I have seen time after time and know too well. This house is...

     "My grandparent's house."

"Your grandparent's house? Why did you take us to your grandparent's house?" Satou asked bewildered.

I took him here because it was a secluded place, miles away from active civilization. There are no nuances, there are no loud sounds or mall foodcourt levels of telepathic voices playing in my head. Here, there is only silence, with a couple exceptions...

"What are you doing, Saiki?" Satou asked staring at me in confusion. Oops, I spaced out a little there.

"Come on, follow me." I stated and walked up to the house.

Satou skipped a step to catch up with me. He followed me to the front door. I knocked and waited beside him. He glanced between me and the door, skeptical, but he didn't ask any questions yet.

Seconds passed and the door slid open to reveal my Grandmother. When she saw me she gasped. The shock of my presence was short-lived as she quickly beamed in delight to see me.

"Oh, Kusuo! Hello! So nice to see you again! What's the occasion for this surprise visit?"

Before I could answer she turned her head towards Satou who sheepishly smiled and waved.

"Hello, who might you be? Are you one of Kusuo's friends?" She asked.

He nodded slowly, "I am, m-my name is Satou, Satou Hiroshi, it's a pleasure to meet you." He bowed.

"Oh, what a pleasant young man, it's nice to meet you too!" She waved her hand, dismissing his bow. "Please, come in, come in! We're happy to have you here!" He headed inside leaving the door open.

We entered, taking our shoes off and closing the door behind us. She called out to my Grandpa in the other room, "Kumagoro, come here! We have a visitor!"

We heard him grumble something inaudible then him yelling, "Shut up you old hag, I'm busy."

She chuckled to herself, "It's Kusuo and a friend of his, he's come to see us-"

Like a psychic, my grandpa teleported into the room right in front of us, startling Satou. He wore the same monotoned grouchy expression as usual as he greeted us with a grunt.

He looked at me, then Satou, then back to me again, "Hmm, so you brought a friend, huh? Good for you, Kusuo. Well anyway, I'll be in the other room. If you need anything..." He trailed off entering the same room as before.

"Oh classic Kumagoro, the truth is he's very happy to see you, Kusuo, you too Hiroshi-Kun." She said with a smile.

     Satou blushed at the sudden first-name basis. My grandma do be like that sometimes.

     "So anyway I must ask, is there a real reason you stopped by? Certainly, you didn't come all this way just for a visit, did you?"

     Damn, she's good. she can see right through me, maybe she's psychic? We must have made it obvious that something was up, who randomly visits their grandma?