Turning Up The Charm

"Hey buddy, wanna go get some ramen?"

     "Yare yare."

     Nendo managed to catch up despite my speed walking out of the classroom to get to my locker before they could stop me. Kuboyasu and Kaido were hot on his tail with the same intention.

     "Saiki, you haven't hung out with us in a long time, come on!" Kaido walked up beside Nendo trying to convince me to come.

     "No, I'm busy."

     "Ah, come on man, you're always busy!" Kuboyasu protests. "What could you possibly be doing that takes up so much of your tim-"

     "Hey, Kusuo, are you ready to go?"

Oh no...

All heads turn to the voice from behind the idiot three. Hiroshi emerges from around the corner and approaches me, walking past the others.

Their eyes follow him until he reaches me. They stare for a long time trying to figure out who this boring random kid is calling me by my first name.

Wait, don't Kaido and Kuboyasu remember Hiroshi? He was literally there on the occult club hiking trip. Hmm. I guess he's still too boring to remember.

     I nod to Hiroshi and try to guide both of us to the exit before we get stopped again. We get two steps then another hand is placed on my shoulder.

     "Hey, Saiki! Why are you picking this kid over us?! Don't you like hanging out with us anymore?!" Kuboyasu shouted angrily at me.

     Kaido came up behind him, wrapped his arms around his torso, and tried to hold him back from getting to us.

     But of course, Kaido's attempts to hold Kuboyasu back were pointless and he was dragged along with an angry stomping Kuboyasu.

     Kuboyasu and the others have all noticed something was off. Nendo was the first one to bring it up after that day I chose to go with Hiroshi instead of them.

     I didn't tell them anything about Hiroshi, so they don't know what's been happening between us lately, and it's good that they don't.

     The fewer people who know the better. I can't even imagine how they would react if they found out that me and Hiroshi are-

     "Sorry, but me and Kusuo have a date at Cafe Mami today. Maybe he can't hang out with you another day. Well, goodbye!" Hiroshi grabs my hand and pulls me outside of the school.

     I, as well as the others we left behind, were speechless. D-Did Hiroshi seriously just...

     I didn't want the others to know and I hadn't planned on either one of us telling anyone, especially someone either one of us knew.

      Hiroshi however, didn't seem to have any problem with it, which will cause trouble for me in the future. He released my hand as soon as we got outside the front gate.

     I tried to ignore the many thoughts that crammed into my head from the three stunned people we left behind at the school lockers.

     They consisted of nothing but repeats of what was said and shocked questions that seemed to fly through each of their minds.

     Yare yare, I can't even imagine the pain this is going to cause me later on...

     After a few minutes, me and Hiroshi finally made it to Cafe Mami. A small jolt of excitement ran through me as I pictured sharing my favorite dessert with my favorite person in the whole world