Bridge of the Ridge

After confirming with the group that I was in fact ok and well enough to continue up the mountain, we set off traveling higher and higher. Getting closer and closer to the bridge.

     Some time had passed with few more minor casualties and we had finally reached our destination.

     The haunted and cursed bridge of Takachiho Gorge. Forbidden to all hikers upon entering. There are even many warning signs surrounding the entrance. This is fine...

     Including a large fence gate, confirming that yes, in fact, no one is allowed to enter.

     The whole group stares the gate covered in warning signs and silently agreed that this is as far as we should go.

     Well, almost all of us.

     "Alright everyone, we're finally here! Now, who's ready to climb the fence!"

     Toritsuka was way overly excited and really wanted to be on that bridge. He claimed beforehand that it was haunted. And even though he sees ghosts all the time, he still insists on going? I wonder why?

     "Toritsuka are you serious? You can't go on that bridge! It's not safe at all! You could die!" Hii protested.

     Yeah, what are you even getting at? I doubt the real reason for you wanting to be on that bridge is really to se me if it's haunted or not. Can't you see if it is haunted from here? Like not on the bridge?

     Hehe, silly Saiki. Do you really think the only reason I wanted to go on this bridge is because I wanted to confirm if it was haunted or not?

     Yes? Yes, I did think that.

     No no no no no, that's not it at all. What I really did this for was the experiment of the misattribution of arousal.

     Oh.

     If I can get everyone on the bridge, get some ghosts to shake it up a bit, surely one girl will fall into my arms out of fear and fall in love with me!

     Wow. And I thought you couldn't get any worse. You are truly the lowest of the low.

     Hey, give me a break Saiki! Help a bro out and unlock this gate would ya?

     No.

     Ah, come on Saiki, pleeeeeeeeease!

     NO! Why would I use my powers needlessly to put everyone in danger by unlocking a gate to a dangerous, completely unsafe, guaranteed suicide, death bridge-

     I'll buy you as much coffee jelly as you want.

     *Click* Ok I unlocked it.

     Great! Thank you, Saiki!

     "Come on everyone! It will be fine! Look they even unlocked the gate for us! See, now why would they have a fence gate here if they're just gonna leave it unlocked? Obviously, it's for us!"

     "Toritsuka, I really don't think this is a good ide-" Hii was interrupted.

     "Now come on! Let's go!" Toritsuka swung open the gate boldly and marched onto that bridge.

     "But-But what about the warning signs!" Kaido asked. Been a while since I heard from him.

     "Yeah! And the danger symbols on literally every part of this bridge!" Kuboyasu too.

     "Those warning symbols are just there because someone probably saw a ghost or something. If something had happened on this bridge, surely it wouldn't still be standing here, right?. They would have at least taken it down. I bet people are just afraid of it. And see? It's very sturdy!"