It's About Power

It was quiet.

No sounds were made around us. Silence was all we could hear. Not even a breeze blowing in our ears was loud enough for us to hear.

The chatter from the students in the schoolyard below dissipated. The bird songs in the trees paused their melody. The distant sound of cars in the street no longer existed.

Everything was quiet. No noise, no sound, no din, no fuss. There was no interference with our focus.

Everything was paused. Everything held still. Nobody moved, nothing had changed. Everything remained in place, holding still as time slowed almost to a halt.

There was nothing in this world that would stand between us anymore.

There is nothing in this world that would stand between us...

There was nothing in this world between us...

There was nothing between us...

There was no room between us...

We...were...finally

Connected...

Soft cushions grazed my own. The light, warm texture felt welcoming like an invitation. I took that invitation to heart and found these soft cushions. I met them in the open, vulnerable and free without a care in the world...

I held those cushions close like they meant more to me than anything else in the world. I held them tight, protecting them with all my life, showing them more love than I have shown to anything else in the world, and I...

I kissed him.

     Gentle hands rested on my chest, they trembled lightly. I heard soft breathing and tiny moans from the other boy as I held him close. He whimpered when I placed a hand on his waist.

     His thoughts were static. His shocked expression was beyond recognition. His heartbeat sped up faster than normal. Saying he was just surprised was an understatement.

     Although, to be honest, I was surprised too. I would have never believed one day I would be kissing the most average boy in the world, this boy being Satou. The perfect average boy.

     I don't know why but kissing him felt like an achieved goal that I've been waiting to complete for a very long time, even if I only met him a few days ago. Sometimes it feels like we've known each other for years.

     Either way, I don't want this to end. This special moment is so rare to me, I want to savor every second of it for as long as I live. I never want to stop.

     Unfortunately, not all great things last forever...

     Two of those once soft, gentle hands resting on my chest grew a powerful strength and shoved me away with force. I stumbled backward before catching myself on the railing and steadying my fall.

     Satou pushed me away and jumped back, furiously shaking his head and covering his mouth with his arm. His face was beet red and he was sweating profoundly.

He shook his head more and attempted to stutter out any phrases that made sense.

"S-S-S-S-Sa-Sai-W-W-W-W-Why-Y-Y-Y-Y-You-I-I-Wh-Why-D-D-Did y-y-you-Wh-What-I-you-huh? Wha-? H-huh? What? Huh? WHAT? HUH? WHY??? WHAT?????" He struggled to make out a proper sentence as his brain malfunctioned.