So Long Nerds

...No way...

     ...No way!

     ...This...

     ...This can't be happening!

     ...My own best friend...

     ...Is crazy!

     Hiroshi's thoughts rang through my head as he took off out of the room. My clairvoyance spotted him running straight for the front door.

He swung it open with force and ran outside into the darkness. He ran in whatever direction was as far away from the house as possible. However, he was unfamiliar with the layout of the land.

     There was no civilization anywhere close by us. The nearest train station was almost an hour away by car. It would take him days to find an escape or get to safety. It might be too late for him before he can get anywhere.

It is hopeless to run, but I will look after you until you finally give up and decide to return back to your new home. I wish you the best, Hiroshi.

Good luck...

"Man, this is crazy! To think Kusuo would actually do something as crazy as this. I never would have imagined he'd kidnap his own best friend and keep him at a remote location like this? Seriously, how could you do this to me, Kusuo!?"

Hiroshi kicked a rock along a pathway having a conversation with himself. He was angry at me for causing him all this trouble but the strongest emotion he felt at that moment was fear.

This was by far the most unaverage thing to ever happened to him. More so than him falling off a bridge, or falling down a giant gorge than having your psychic friend save you with teleportation.

     These extreme events were new to Hiroshi. And I admit, most of them were caused by me. Looping him into my psychic powers was often the reason he had to endure such strange happenings.

     Hiroshi sighed to himself and continued walking alone in the dark. He had already run almost a mile away from the house only to find himself on a dirt path surrounded by mountains and a forest to his side.

     He was lost, and he knew this. But he would rather stay lost with a very low chance of survival outside than come back to me with a 100% chance of never getting hurt ever again.

     I don't get this boy, he makes no sense sometimes. Even by reading his average mind he still has moments where I question what he's really thinking.

     For example, why would he rather avoid me, risking his life, than stay with me in a position of guaranteed safety forever? There is no getting through to a mindset like that.

     "I'm upset..."

     Hm?

     "I still can't believe Kusuo would do something like this to me!"

     Oh, right, he's still upset about that.

     "How could he? I thought he was my friend, I can't believe he..."

     Hiroshi I'm-

     "I can't believe he betrayed me like that!"

     What-