It's About Drive

"Satou, I need to tell you something..."

     "Hm? What is it?"

     "..."

I stare into his eyes, yellow and bright. They glistened in the sunlight through a nearby window. His skin was radiant and glowing, near translucent.

Satou...

You are light...

I can't stop staring at the glowing aura you emit. I don't ever wanna turn my head away from the shining average sun that you are.

Maybe, now, is the best time to do it...

I stared deeply into his eyes, studying every aspect of his face. He looked perfect in this light. The sun gods must love him so much to make him shine like this.

Satou stared back. However, his behavior grew increasingly stranger by the minute. His eyes were darting from mine to elsewhere and he nervously fidgeted with his hands in his lap.

His cheeks turned pink and a sweat drop or two streamed down his face. He made tiny little whimpering noises while shaking lightly and avoiding eye contact.

What is he doing? Is he ok? He looks sick. Maybe somethings wrong, I should make sure he's ok. I wouldn't want him to have to go home early, then I wouldn't be able to-

     "S-S-Saiki? W-W-What are you d-d-doing?" Satou asked, stuttering. He waved a hand in front of my face while continuing to avoid my eyes.

I blinked. It took only a few seconds to understand why he acted so strange and abnormal, and...oh no...

I was mere inches away from his face, staring into his eyes. There was little to no room left for breathing. What I did seem to have flustered him a bit...a lot.

I quickly pulled away, retreating to my old position. Oops, I didn't realize what I was doing until I was way too close. Satou probably thinks I'm super weird now.

W-What was th-that? W-Why was he staring at me for so long? And why did he get super close to my face like that?

Satou paused, remembering I could read his mind. He slowly turned to me cheeks flushed red, and trying to catch my gaze. This time I was the one avoiding eye contact.

"Saiki, why...?" Satou hesitated. He wasn't sure if it was even worth asking. He knew it would be pointless to ask because he knows I often don't give solid straight answers.

He sat back against the wall and sighed. He seemed a little disappointed but he shook it off as a mild inconvenience.

Maybe I should ask him the question now. I feel pretty content with my feelings for him. This is the perfect setting for a situation like this. It might be the best option to do it now.

When will I get another opportunity like this? To be alone with him, hidden from the view of all the other students and staff? Yes, this is the right call. It's now or never.

I take a deep breath and prepare myself. I don't know what will come out of this as a result.

If we're thinking about this logically and statistically, the chance of Satou reciprocating or leaving a positive response is very low.

But not zero...

I turn my head towards Satou, his head was leaning back against the wall behind him and he wore a mutual  expression.

"Satou." I start.

He looked over at me and hummed in acknowledgment.

Yes, it's time...