Chapter 22

Me: I have a really bad feeling about this. Fuck it, I gotta keep running. Come on, Gadget, keep going. The Resistance will appreciate your presence. Just gotta keep going, I'm almost there.

Hopping over a fallen tree and jumping over a small ravine, I stumbled my way back into Metropolis. Funny thing, every place I've ever been to had been in shambles, but Metropolis seemed rather unchanged, aside from the occasional small flames. Running through the city and searching for any sign of life, I caught the glimpse of the giant metal cereal bowl, yet again, at the top of the tallest skyscraper in the city.

Me: Alright. Here goes absolutely nothing. I got this.

Launching my grapple hook at high as I could, I hooked the side of the skyscraper and rapidly reeled myself upwards. Launching and hooking my way up the building, the only time I stopped was really close to the top, where my hook missed and I had to grab the windowsill at about the 67th story. Recovering from THAT heart attack, I swung my hook over the top banister and pulled myself all the way up the building and onto the roof, where the Egghead and Sonic, along with Infinite and the bots, were having an argument. And who else but Ivy and Morgan to be beside the spiky blue hedgehog as well?

Eggman: HOW?? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ESCAPE THE VACUUM OF NULL SPACE!!

Sonic: There's one thing you forgot. I got friends. Their strength resonates between all of us who are part of it.

Ivy: Get it right, Egghead. Nothing but hard work and the power of many.

Morgan: Don't underestimate the power of what we can do, Eggman.

Infinite: Your lives are mere speed bumps in our pathways. We shall... Don't think I didn't notice you over there, Wolf.

Every pair of eyes turned RIGHT TO ME as I drew my Lightning from my satchel and engaged the weapons' activation function. Dragging the dangerously SHOCKING end to the group of ally and enemy, I lifted the base over my head and brought it straight down over the top of Infinite's head, shattering his mask in two and dropping him right to the rooftop. Gripping his shoulder and baring my other set of claws, I glared into his mismatched eyes and growled at him.

Infinite: Fucking... Ow, fuck, that hurt. Rookie, you are nothing more than a thorn in my fucking side.

Me: A thorn you don't care about enough to remove. Face it, Jackal, you know as much as I do that you want this war to end.

Infinite: And it will. Soon enough, you will all perish. But Jesus, you look like shit. Take a nap, you don't need to constantly fight against us.

Me: I'm fine, Infinite. I just worry too much. About my brother, my friends...

I sighed, blushing incredibly hard, and looked away from the Jackal's devilishly handsome eyes. I could tell one of the Retriever twins figured something out quick, because they both started giggling like schoolgirls, then laughing. I glared back at them and growled, and they shut up quicker than a mouse getting caught in a trap. Closing my eyes and looking back at the Jackal, who also blushed heavy, I chuckled very softly and retracted my claws.

Me: Funny to think that two canines, opposite teams of the war, in love with each other. It's ever so slightly funnier when you think that those two canines are homosexual. Gay for each other.

Infinite: Sure we've had our run-ins, but does that make me gay? I mean, sure we've kissed, a few times actually, but... okay, yes I daydream about you. YES, I feel lonely without you, and FUCK YES, I WANT YOU BADLY!!

Eggman: WELL ISN'T THIS JUST THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL WEEK?? MY BEST WARRIOR, THE LEADER OF SQUAD JACKAL, THE ONE WHO'S HELPED ME MAKE THE MOST PROGRESS IN WORLD DOMINATION, GAY FOR A WOLF WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US!!