Chapter 12

I looked over my shoulder and saw the mask of HIM. He stared me, dead in my eyes. I gulped and pulled my arm away from him, stumbling back a small bit.

Infinite: Just what did you think about doing just now?

I signed "I wanted to jump. I'm done with this shit. I'm sick of fighting."

Infinite: You're just going to give up on your friends?

Me(thinking): They're not even close to me to be friends. I just want to die now. I'm sick of this.

Infinite reached behind his head and pulled off his mask, showing me those same eyes from the Arsenal Pyramid. I could see the worry in his eyes, if he HAD any.

Infinite: Look. It may seem like I don't care about what you're doing or what you're going through, but I can tell you're not alright.

I shook my head and flipped him off.

Infinite: I can tell that you are unwell. You can tell me what you're feeling.

I signed "I can't because I don't have my fucking VOICE!"

Infinite: You can still sign it to me. Just tell me what you feel. I promise to keep it to myself.

I wondered why he was with me, so I signed "Why the Hell are you here with me when Silver is ALSO fighting you?"

Infinite: I know, I know. But it's just one of the many clones I can create with my Phantom Ruby. It has its own mind and control over itself. Look, I'm only going to help you until you and that Resistance of yours destroys Igo Robotnik. I can't do anything about why I'm working with him, seeing as it's HIS Phantom Ruby that's controlling me, but he incorporated it onto me.

I gave him the old "Why would my enemy work WITH me?"

Infinite: I can tell you are mighty weak from many, many things. I can tell you need help. You can sign it to me.

I growled and balled my hand into a fist. I wanted to punch that bastard for what he did. He destroyed my life. I knew what he had done to my friends and family. He tore us all apart, like a sandwich to a starving kid.

Infinite: Now just calm down. There's no need to-

I slugged him right in the jaw. He stumbled back and held his hand to his mouth. I could clearly see the blood drip out of his mouth.

Infinite: Mother bastard. I just-

I stepped in front of him and slugged him in the gut. He spat out some more blood and held his stomach.

Infinite: I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!

I grabbed his head and stared him in the eyes, fire burning bright in mine.

Infinite(growling): You son of a fucking bitch whore. All I'm trying to do is help you.

I signed "I don't want to be helped. I'd rather jump off the cliff and die."

Infinite: You know... I always wanted to do this.

I was about ready to sign "Do what," but he wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my cheek, which surprised me a lot. I couldn't do much, so I just wrapped my arms around him and cried into his shoulder.

I wanted to yell. I wanted to scream for help. For mercy. For my one and only chance to feel loved. But I couldn't. I could tell that Infinite himself would help me, though.

Infinite: I know you feel emotional pain right now. I can't help you unless you tell me what's going on.

I pushed him off of me and ran for the cliff. I was just about to jump when I was held back by an unknown force. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I was thrown onto the rocks. Infinite stomped up to me and grabbed me by my throat and lifted me up in the air. I struggled and struggled, but I knew I couldn't break free. I just stayed as still as I could, panicking on the inside and gasping for air.

Infinite: I told you I was trying to help. Now, you have messed with me too much. You will pay.

Even though I was weak, I was able to sign "I'm sorry. Please let me go."

Infinite: I'll do as I please. Also...

He dropped me to the ground, and I gasped for breath on my hands and knees.

Me: Ass...hole... huh?

Infinite: I guess he only shifted your windpipe a bit. I think I did good enough here.

I started crying tears of joy, and I hugged him as tight as I could, the tears streaming down my face. Sure, my voice was extremely raspy and whispery, but I guess I could ask someone to help me with it.

Infinite: Okay, okay. I get it.

Me: Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you.

Infinite: I wouldn't be a nice guy if it wasn't a positive gesture to you.

Me: But you work for Eggman.

Infinite: I know I do. I won't, once this is all over.

Me: Can I... c-can I...

I blushed heavily at what my mind was thinking.

Me(thinking): A relationship? With the enemy? Come on, Rookie. It's not worth my time. But... it would be nice to have.

Infinite: Let me guess. You want a kiss?

Me: P...please? I've never been kissed by a Jackal before. Much less... a guy. I've always wanted to try it.

Infinite: Well, you have your chance.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. He made a soft noise that sounded like surprise, but he fell to it and wrapped his arms around me and swayed a little. I had to sway with him if I were to keep kissing him, but I didn't mind it. I felt his warm, soft tail wrap around my waist, and I loved the feeling of it.

About ten minutes passed, and we pulled away from each other, panting slightly. I gave him one of the widest smiles I could've done since before six months ago, and he smiled back at me.

Me: Thank you. Really.

Infinite: Don't tell anyone about this, Rookie.

Me: It's... it's Gadget, actually. Sure, everyone else calls me Liam, but my real name is Gadget. I can trust you with it.

Infinite: Alright, Gadget. I'll keep this to myself. Don't you have a Resistance base to head to?

I smiled and nodded.

Me: I guess I should go. I bet they're worried about me.

Infinite: If they're close to you, then yes. They'd be worried.

Me: I can't believe we just did that. We should do it more often. It's fun.

Infinite: There's a war going on right now, Rookie. Maybe wait until AFTER this is done.

Me: Okay. I guess I'm going to head out, now.

Infinite: Until we meet again, Gadget.

I stepped away from him and hopped off the cliff. Free-falling for a few seconds, I shot my grappling hook up at a building and swung up and over the ravine. I performed a layout backflip right in front of the loop and shot the hook right at another building and reeled it in, pulling me towards Mystic Jungle, where the Resistance base was still located.