Chapter 26

Tails: He's over-clocking the Phantom Ruby. THAT'S INSANE!

Rouge: No regular weapon can defeat him now. You're our last hopes.

Sonic: You got this, past me. Hey, Gadget, you're a bit late to the party.

Me: Thought I'd miss it? Hell no, not when there's a world to save. I'm almost there.

Taylor: You got this, dude, we believe in you.

Daniel: Hell fucking yeah we do. Just leave the clones to us, you handle Eggman and his madman's creation.

Hopping off of shattered concrete and flinging Asteroid clones at robots, I stood atop a small cliff-side as the madman's creation hovered intimidatingly in the air. It was at least 40 feet in height, had laser powers, AND flung rock balls at the semi-holographic "stage" that the older, non-talkative Sonic was running on. Seeing as there was also a flat platform with hexagonal building blocks that created it, I launched my hook right at it and reeled myself over the top onto the platform.

Seeing as the older Sonic had no difficulty dodging attacks and knocking the rocks back at the Death Egg Robot, I felt I wouldn't have a challenge with it either. As the metallic bowl of interwoven mechanical parts dropped a level from Sonic to me, I felt even more of my sins crawl on my back as the red retina it had glowed fiercely bright. I gripped Asteroid tight as the mech launched rockets I skillfully dodged, as well as the slammed fist AND laser rings, but I couldn't choose which area to attack it. I kept dodging and weaving until I heard voices through my earpiece.

Amy: Gadget, that was a moment you could attack. What are you doing?

Me: I don't know where to hit it. I need an analysis on it as soon as I can.

Tails: Already got it. Hmmm... it appears that you can strike the crimson shield on its chest area, dealing more significant damage than just attacking the arm. As soon as Eggman strikes the platform, then there's your opportunity to attack the central shield.

Eggman: WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU NASTY TWO TAILED FOX?? I SHOULD HAVE DEALT WITH YOU FIRST BACK IN GREEN HILL!! AS FOR YOU, WOLF, YOU HAVE NO PLACE IN THIS WORLD!! YOU HAVE NO LIFE TO LIVE!!

Me: THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG EGGMAN!! THAT JACKAL IS WHO I LIVE FOR!! MY BROTHER, I PROTECT WITH MY LIFE!! I'LL BATTLE WITH THE COURAGE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY HAVE GIVEN ME, AND WE WILL PREVAIL AGAINST YOU AND YOUR EVIL WAYS!!

Eggman: I'LL END YOUR MISERABLE PATHETIC LIFE AND STOMP YOU DOWN PAST THE SIX FOOT DEEP MARK IN THE EARTH!!

The robot slammed its fist into the platform, and I hopped over the red shockwaves and took my stance ten feet away in front of the red shield. Gripping Asteroid tighter, I launched a barrage of clones against the shield, and it shattered ever so slightly more, as the Death Egg Robot veered back from the platform. Another swing of the robot, another dodge and Asteroid barrage. This time, it knocked Eggman silly, and the robot's eyes flashed crimson.

Eggman: TAKE THIS YOU FUCKING WOLF!! I HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE A FEAR OF DEATH!!

Me: HAH, I EMBRACE HIS BONY HAND WITH OUTSTRETCHED ARMS!!

With that declaration, the Death Egg Robot unleashed a giant laser from its eye and carved the stage in two chunks. I held my ground as Eggman ordered the robot to punch out the floor around me, and I sidestepped  the attack and landed on the other platform. I ran towards the edge closest to the robot, and the giant fist slammed down, but dodging the attack plus the shockwave rings, I lined myself up and launched a final barrage of Asteroids at the Death Egg.

The robot slid back into the air and malfunctioned, ejecting sparks from every corner, until it mysteriously shut down. My Wolf senses tingled greatly as I heard soft thudding rapidly growing in strength from the robot's chest cavity. I sensed a greater fight, as a giant spider-like robotic monster creature burst through the cavity and released some sort of strange energy out of its limbs. I launched my grappling hook right up to an above platform and launched myself beside both Sonic's on a long, empty holographic runway, reminiscent of the Retriever twins' trip through Null Space.