Where I (Shy_Guys_Toast) Have Been

Hey everyone, Shy here, and you're probably wondering why my work on this particular story project has halted like a crash test into the concrete wall. Well, I have too; I've been wondering the same thing for the year since I've last updated this. I guess where I am right now in my life, it makes writing at least more difficult than it used to be, at least with a story I've slowly grown apart from. It's been done many times before, what makes this one any different from the legitimate THOUSANDS of others that share the same premise?

I'm not trying to guilt-trip anyone here, you as a person did nothing wrong to discourage my creativity, I've just... been changing. Lots of events have happened in my life, and I just can't believe how fast everything comes and goes. I'm not able to hit the pause button and take in the moment, I have to move on from one event to another. My life feels like it's going so quick, but it's only been progressing for a day at a time.

I think it's just the matter of I'm growing older, and this kind of storytelling isn't exactly my cup of tea anymore. Writing about Romance and... etcetera doesn't exactly fit with who I've become as of now. To think I started this... what, early 2021, and I've just NOW started suffering from writer's block and burnout? Hell, I've BEEN suffering from burnout for quite a bit, that's why my other stories are barely being published on (at least the one, I haven't even BEGUN the last part of the trilogy yet). I've been thinking about killing the power on this for a while, but there's always something keeping me connected to it; I think it might be the sentimental value of the stories, I don't know.

It could also be the fact that I just lack motivation due to my own personal circumstances, but who's to say?

What matters is that yes, I'm alive, and yes, I'm trying to write, but with all the absolute dumpster fires I've been trekking through... I haven't found my time to just sit down, pick up the quill, and write, m-metaphorically of course. But I'm still here, still trying to find my footing, and when I do, I promise I'll get back to writing. I know taking a hiatus without warning is nothing anyone wants to hear about, but if it meant trying to find the right spot to continue, then I'll gladly take the time to find everything out. It's not that I wanted to stop, but without the motivation to continue, it's hard to keep up with the creative process.

Of course I'm not stopping with my work, however with the lack of backlog, it'll take me some time to get this ball rolling again. It's not a "wish upon a star" situation; it's a "get my rear in gear" situation. The current issue is that I'm still suffering from burnout, however not as much as a few months ago where I scrapped probably five or six parts due to lack of motivation; I'm still digging my heels in the dirt to try and write, and it's been kind of difficult... but I'm still making it through each day knowing I'm completing more and more (even if those days ARE a full year). This story is pretty much my child; I took care of it for so long, why should I give up on it before the ending?

All I'm saying is bear with me for now until I get my work ball rolling, my train of thought on track, or my writer's block destroyed, because I feel like it's been too long since I've worked on this. Anywho, sorry to take a whole year to respond here or write or whatever, but I AM alive, just out of ideas and stuck at the writer's block at the moment. I'll be sure to crank something out in due time, which could be between a week or two to... maybe another year, but that seems unlikely to go THAT long. Maybe a month or two at MOST, but I'm not certain about anything. Thanks everyone, be good people.

-Shy_Guys_Toast