Chapter 10

Everyone gathered around the control board and watched the hologram of the world. I stood right next to Micah and Vector, who both had their arms crossed.

Amy: So, here's what we need.

Knuckles: Well, apparently, Eggman has a factory that supply's him with all of his robots.

Silver: A factory? We can't attack Metropolis if he's got a FACTORY to resupply him.

Shadow: Even then, with HIM out there, their strength is formidable.

Daniel: Him?

Shadow: The leader of Squad Jackal. Anybody have any data on him?

I shook my head and adjusted my glasses.

Vector: Sorry.

Espio: Not a thing. I may be a ninja, but I'm not a ninja with data processing.

Amy: I found this.

A news article appeared on the hologram.

Amy: "Jackal Leader Strikes Again: 5 Dead, 7 Injured."

Daniel: He kills?

Vector(sarcastically): Really? I didn't know.

Daniel: Fuck you, crocodile. Speaking of, shouldn't you be an alligator? That way you'd be an investiGATOR?

Vector: That joke is older than the pyramids of Giza.

Knuckles: Could we get back on track?

Daniel: Anyway, continue, Amelia?

Amy: Anyhow, this guy, or creation, or whatever he is, he's not going down without a fight. Especially with what he was given.

Shadow: Please. He went down like a bitch when I fought him. Hell, I could hear him shout "I'm not weak" on the other end of Mystic Jungle. You think he's going to be any harder?

Amy: Well, there is one thing we could do, but it's risky. We either take the base down, or we could try and find this mysterious Jackal and see what he's about.

Vector: There's an entire world to be circulated to find that guy.

Sonic: I could go. But then again, I probably shouldn't. I don't think I'm really ready to circle the whole world from six months of tortuous time.

Micah: I could do the base. It should be easy.

Knuckles: Last I checked, it's heavily fortified.

Daniel: Probably best if you don't go anywhere until you rest up a bit.

Micah: Aww, man. I want to help.

Amy: You can help us by trying to find Miles.

I signed "Where the fuck do you think he'll be? We haven't heard from him in fucking forever."

Amy: That's the problem, Liam. We don't exactly KNOW where he is. So, finding both Miles and... Well, HIM, they'll both be hard.

Sonic: Why are you calling our kitsune Miles? It's "Tails."

Amy: I'm going by his REAL name, Olgilvie Maurice Hedgehog.

Sonic: DON'T CALL ME BY MY NAME IN THE ARCHIE COMICS!!!

Vector: Could we stop arguing? You two bicker more about stupid shit than me and Charmy do.

Amy and Sonic: NO ONE ASKED YOU!!!

I signed "Don't shout at him."

Amy: GO FUCK YOURSELF, LIAM!!!

I smirked and signed "I would, but I'd rather have someone else with me." That got everyone laughing, myself included. Well, everyone EXCEPT for Amy.