Chapter 6 : The Sorting

After following Hagrid, the group found themselves in front of a large door, which suddenly swung open, showing a tall, black-haired Witch clad in Emerald Green Robes. She had a very stern face, and Hunter may or may not have joked that her personality must be as tight-knitted as the bun her hair was styled in.

She pulled the door wide open. The entrance hall was so big that one could probably fit an entire three-bedroom House inside of it.

They followed Professor McGonagall, as Tom informed her, across the flagged stone floor, and Celestia could hear the thoughts and voices of other students, whose voices could be heard coming from inside of a doorway to their right.

But Professor McGonagall showed them towards a small, empty chamber of the Hall, in which they crowded in, the small space making them huddle closer together, something not all liked..

,, Welcome to Hogwarts-" said Professor McGonagall. ,, The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room."

,, What's next, take a bath in the same tub ?" Hunter whispered, Regulus pretending not to listen while Aiden shook his head.

,, The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours."

,, Wow, I can already see who her favorites are..." Aiden muttered, having noticed how even though she went by alphabetical order, the amount of pride in her gaze as she spoke of the lions was obvious to all.

Celestia couldn't help but agree, silently wondering what this would mean for their future.....

-------------

After a few minutes of listening to an interesting conversation between Draco and Harry, while waiting for McGonagall the woman in question returned, at which they made their way inside, all in line. Celestia and Regulus once again stood together, with Aiden and Hunter behind them and Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini in the front.

Celestia's eyes went to the Professors sitting in the front....

All the Professors were seated at the table, quietly watching the newest additions to their school with either welcoming smiles or nonchalant and well-practiced empty expressions.

The Head of Ravenclaw noticed her looking and gave a smile, silently wishing her good luck as she followed after the other first years, who were now stopping, squeezing together to fit into the small space in front of McGonagall.

,, Is that the girl you kept on talking about so much these past few days ?" asked Pomona Sprout, Head of Hufflepuff, her eyes on the young girl with beautiful white hair who was walking next to a boy the woman found shockingly near identical to a young Regulus Black.............

,, *Chuckle* She is indeed-" He answered, not noticing Professor Quirrell listening in, his eyes a dark shade of crimson. ,, She has a sharp mind and well-practiced skills that she uses quite frequently. You will probably take a liking to her as well, for she had shown a great interest in magical creatures and nature in itself."

The woman smiled, chuckling quietly as she spotted a Niffler peaking out of her Robe's pocket.

And with her gaze never too long on one person, she muttered the first words that came into her mind. ,, We've got ourselves a mini Scamander..."