Chapter 92 : Calling for Reinforcement

Decades before the Coronation of Queen Celestia the First, her House, the blood of the Queen's late mother had fallen into despair, losing most of its members because of the ongoing Wizarding Wars and the still brewing conflict between the Pendragons and their... less than mortal... Ancestors.

What had once been over twenty healthy adult children that the four lines of the family had managed to produce, ended with not even a handful of them left alive at the end of the wars.

Many thought the House to be reaching its end, with the remaining members, consisting of the youngest children, being sprawled out all across the Continents, lost to those who tried to bring them back to their Ancestral seat.

But, with the re-appearance of the young Queen, the High Lords and Ladies began to whisper...

After all, the girl had been but a babe when she had been taken from her family, and had come out of whatever she had been through alive, though with many nasty scars and a twisted personality accompanying her.

So who was to say others had not been granted the same fate?

Celestia Grindelwald, if rumors of the time are to be trusted, had several suspicions as to where her relatives could have been taken, and took it upon herself to bring them back to their rightful place.

,, If the Lords and Ladies are too high up on their comfortable seats to move their bloody cunts and arses when called for, I will do it myself." she had told her Godfather the very same night, before heading off to prepare for the awaiting battle.

The Princess, not even fifteen years old at the time, marched a small army of five hundred men and women down to Sokovia by herself and launched a surprise attack that left their opponents with no other choice but to try and run.

But, the girl, though young enough to be the daughter of most of those she led into battle, did not let them get far.

She stormed their hiding space, with only a handful of soldiers, making the rest follow those who had tried to escape her, and after rescuing all those who had survived their imprisonment from the clutches of the very people she had managed to free herself from years earlier, made all the individuals who were captured kneel before her on the cold, snowy grounds of the woods surrounding them.

The Maiden, taller than most of the men and women being made to kneel, balanced a young boy, probably no older than ten summers old, against her hip, had a Hybrid creature hiding behind her left leg, and carried an expression described to be as cold and merciless as a winter's storm as she stared them down.

,, Tell me..... Which ones of the lot hurt you, and your sister the most?" she had asked the little boy, his silver hair and golden eyes proving to be a fine match to the Princess's own coloring of white and gold.....

No one could be sure as to which line he belonged to, but even the daftest of morons could tell that he had Pendragon blood.....

And Pendragons had killed for far less in the name of family honor and vengeance......

All those who were with her that late evening knew how it would end....

Yet not a single one of them dared to utter a word, merrily watching with great anticipation as the little boy, as shy and as unsure as he was, lifted his frail little arm that was littered with open wounds and scars and pointed it at a woman in the kneeling crowd, who had turned as pale as the snow beneath their feet, fearfully looking at the young Heiress with a plea for mercy already forming on the tip of her tongue...

Unfortunately for her though, her Fate had been sealed the moment the boy's finger had been pointed in her direction.

None of those watching knew what they could expect to happen in the next few seconds...