Chapter 58 : Some things never change

Weeks ago, when Arcturus Black and Xavier Lestrange had Apparated him to the small Town-house in the middle of the Muggle part of Canada, Sirius thought the two males had finally gone mad and were trying to silently kill him without anyone noticing......

It had taken him some time to realize that nobody was going to kill him and that he was actually safe in his new living quarters.

The House Celestia had provided for him stood on the quieter side of the city, and had only been built ten years ago, which made it more modern than most of the neighborhood, the Muggles living around him were friendly and welcoming to him, even if they only talked briefly in passing....

Even though it was still a bit hard for him to adjust to this new life, he could confidently say that his efforts were paying off nicely.

He had gotten new clothes, a fresh haircut, and also managed to gain a few pounds, which made him appear less like a man who spent the past thirteen years in the company of Dementors, and more like a civilized human being.

The Therapy sessions would start by the beginning of September, and he had already been introduced to the male who'd been picked to take on the job.

Mateo Baker, a kind young man who specialized in the Trauma and PTSD department of psychology after he served in the American Military for a good eight years, before being discharged.

How Celestia knew the guy, he had no idea, but they seemed on good terms, which kind of calmed him down a little if he was being honest...

,, You seem to have adjusted well over these past few weeks." said Celestia, looking around the nicely decorated living room from her spot on the couch, a cup of Matcha tea in her hold.

,, Yeah... It was a bit difficult in the beginning...-" admitted the male, as he set down a plate of fruits on the table for them to eat. ,, .. but it turned out pretty good as you can see."

Unlike what she had thought he'd do, the living room had little to no Gryffindor typical aesthetics, instead decorated in some darker colors and a lot of Streetart and little bits that reminded her of the typical 90s....

There were some things though, like the chairs which had lions carved into the wood, or the red and gold rugs and cushions....

That and some pictures, of his time at Hogwarts that were displayed across the walls.

All in all, it looked comfortable and homey, something Sirius definitely needed for himself.

,, That's nice to hear." she said, offering a small smile to the older Wizard.

He returned her smile as he took a seat opposite of her, watching as she scanned their surroundings. Something he realized she did everywhere she went, like a reflex.

Oh, he was not stupid, he could see the Scars on some of her body parts, and how she tried to hide as much skin as possible, even in weather like this, especially her arms, but he didn't pry.

Sometimes he was curious as to how she may have gotten those scars, or where exactly she lived before her time at Hogwarts, but the least he wanted to do was offend her in any kind of way, so he kept it to himself.

She would be his daughter-in-law in the future.... a title he still would have to get used to and accept, but he was glad that his son actually loved her, and wasn't forced into the betrothal contract like he feared he had been.

If Regulus cared for her then he would do the same.

,, How have things been going at Pendragon castle ?" asked Sirius, bringing her attention back to him. ,, Last time Remus called, I heard Rodolphus was set on murdering Regulus."