Chapter 88 : The Embodiment of a Curse

,, They've been gone an awfully long time, haven't they?" asked Bill, after a good thirty minutes after Krum was carried out of the Maze and into the Healer's tent where Aelius had taken charge.

This meant only Cedric and Harry were left inside to compete for the prize.

Which was getting out alive.

,, Indeed, they have...." replied Celestia, bi-colored eyes set on the flaming posts guarding the entrance of the maze, while she sat unbothered between Regulus and Tom, her mother had decided long ago that she'd rather stand and offer her seat to Rodolphus who needed it more than she.

,, Do you reckon one of them has already...." whispered Aiden, their group sharing a knowing yet somber look.

,, It is likely..." replied Regulus, his eyes carefully watching as one of the Magical signatures began to grow duller and less prominent the longer the two teens were gone. ,, One of the signatures is showing signs of it at least....."

,, What a shame." spoke Blaise, Chrome who was sitting on his shoulder mimicking him by crossing his arms. ,, All those good looks wasted.. a true pity for all those who took a fancy to the Badger."

Bill who was next to him rose an eyebrow. ,, What do you mean by that?"

,, Nothing at all, just an observation I made." replied the Slytherin smiling at the older man, Luna was quick to come to his aid and distract him from pondering about what his words could have meant.

The younger Ravenclaw began showing him the necklace pendant which she made out of one of the fangs Fenris had lost when Celestia had decided to inspect his teeth and found it growing into his cheek.

It wasn't awfully big or wide, but it was sharp enough to cut through glass since it belonged to the Asgardian Wolf, who in his biggest form could probably take on a dragon.

And Bill, who didn't want Luna's effort to talk to him to go to waste, showed her his own jewelry, which at least made her smile.

,, What do you think, my love?" asked Regulus, turning to the white-haired witch at his side.

She appeared calm and collected, not a hint of worry or something akin to fear for the life of her cousin on her face, similar to Tom who quietly read through a book of Dark Curses as if nothing was amiss.

Her eyes turned to glance at him, a hum escaping her lips, as she leaned her head on his shoulder, his arm automatically wrapping around her waist in return. ,, ... He will survive....." was the only thing she said in return, no other words needed to be spoken between them.

Harry's survival was guaranteed...

His mental health, and whatever damage he may have suffered while being in Voldemort's captivity on the other hand were an entirely different story.......

They would probably have to employ Mateo to become their family's full-time therapist, but Oh well....

The most important thing was that they would manage, as long as they worked together.

, .... Hopefully, you will be able to reach for the ring soon, cousin.......' thought the witch, enjoying the warmth Regulus was giving off, while she let her gaze drift to her eldest brother, his crimson eyes already set on her. , ... Or else, we won't be able to help you..'

-----------------

At the same time at the graveyard, Wormtail began approaching Harry, who scrambled to find his feet, to support his own weight before the ropes were untied. Wormtail raised his new silver hand, pulled out the wad of material gagging Harry, and then, with one swipe, cut through the bonds tying Harry to the gravestone.