Chapter 44 : Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw

,, Guys! Guys! Did you hear ?" An overly excited Hannah asked as she hastily made her way towards the Slytherin table, almost tripping over air, and apologizing to Adrian Pucey after she had accidentally whacked him across the head with her bag.

,, Hear what ?" Blaise asked one of his eyebrows raised.

Blaise had always been the one to ask when it came to Gossip or the happenings inside of Hogwarts.

He had eyes and ears everywhere, partly because of his own skills at going around undetected by others and partly because he managed to convince a few Upperclassmen to hand over any kind of information they could get their hands on in exchange for a few bottles of well-aged Firewhiskey.

The man who was currently pursuing his mother had a lavish alcohol cabinet that hadn't been touched in years, so he won't miss a few bottles going missing now and then.

If Blaise did not know what was going on, then the news must either be brand new, or ( something highly unlikely ) they must have slipped his radar.

,, The Lion-Trio is at War with one another!" She exclaimed, making Hunter drop his spoon into his Yogurt-Bowl, Aiden looking like he just got slapped across the face.

Susan blinked in surprise, while Regulus merely rose an eyebrow, not impressed by the news.

,, Pff-! Ahahaha!" Theo let out a good-hearted laugh, Blaise snickering into his hand as he tried to stifle his laughter. ,, It's about time!" He said, his excitement making those around them take a double-take to make sure it was actually him that was laughing.

Theo was what most would describe as a Stone-Wall.

Unlike Regulus, who liked showing irritation and loathing towards those who thought it would be a funny idea to mess around with him, Theo was as emotionless as a Stone in public.

So, seeing him laugh was probably the most shocking occurrence around Hogwarts, if you forget about the whole Sirius Black being on the loose thing.

,, You sure you heard that right, Hannah ?" Hunter asked, looking at her wide-eyed. ,, Granger and Weasley are pretty much always glued to Potter's side..... To think that their little trio split up..."

,, Well... They didn't exactly split up." She said, taking a seat. ,, Their just having a huge argument... but still-!"

The twins, now already able to guess what this whole thing was about, let out a long tired sigh.....

,, So that's what this is about....." George mumbled, Fred, shaking his head....

Regulus turned to them, the others already looking. ,, You two know what the argument is about ?" He asked, glancing at Celestia, who was unnaturally quiet about the whole ordeal.

,, Yeah...." They chimed, sounding a bit annoyed....

,, It's about Ronald's Rat.... what was its name again....?...."

,, Scroucher...?..... No... Ah-! Right, Scabbers."

,, Yeah-! Anyways- Ronald let the thing roam around, and Granger's Kneazle thought it might make a lovely Appetizer, so it ate the Rat." They told them, all of them now highly disappointed.

They had expected a lot more Drama..........

,, Wait-That's it ?" Blaise asked. ,, No Drama? No passion? No, you almost killed me or something similar? The whole argument is because Weasley left his Rat unsupervised and it got eaten by Grangers' cat !?" He huffed, leaning back while crossing his legs. ,, ... How lame...."

Nobody could disagree with the Italian........

It was indeed rather disappointing.

Take Aiden and Celestia's fallout from last year and place it next to that of Weasley and Granger, and you get why they felt that way.....