Chapter 98 : The Hearing

At the mere age of thirteen Amaterasu Grindelwald was labeled as an outcast by most people who knew her...

She rarely interacted with anyone, even members of her own House seldomly saw her, and if it wasn't for her bright, silverly-white curls that contradicted her warm skin tone that she inherited from her mother, most would have probably not even been able to remember how she looked like.

As the daughter of Gellert Grindelwald and Sarah Black-Raven, some most likely would have thought her to be... well... a bit more imposing and attention-catching than how she actually was.

Instead of talking or befriending others, her days were spent either in the library or in one of the abandoned classrooms in the far back of the castle, where usually not even the ghosts dared to walk amongst its halls, for they were rumored to have been used by Queen Eve for several Dark rituals involving Demons and other Monsters.

Being born in the main family branch of the Pendragons meant she had been made to inherit a 'gift' bestowed on them by the gods, and unfortunately for her, she got stuck with Pyrokinesis, the very ability Prince Helios I. held.

She had learned to control it with age, but there were several times in her early childhood when she had accidentally set fire to objects, or even melted metal, and even now there were still times when her ability got the best of her and she was made to cause more harm than good......

Legacies were peculiar in that sense....... especially those belonging to the Wizarding World.

Since most mortal offspring of the gods left the world of monsters, quests, and prophecies at a certain point, and had children with fellow Demigods or normal humans, the godly powers of their descendants would dwindle with each generation until they simply disappeared.

For Magical Folk it was the complete opposite.

If a Demigod marries another Demigod that has descended from a Magical family, and they have children, it will cause the Cores of those children to expand so that they may inherit one or both of their parent's abilities. And since most of the magical world intermarried, there was a high chance of several Legacies being born with powers that were more on par with those of a god than demigods.

The Magical particles in the air that made it possible for them to use Spells in the first place feed on any and every source of power they could get, the older and richer the better, and luckily, or unluckily in some cases, demigods had the very beginning of magic set within their Cores from birth.

The Gods, who had created the Magical World to begin with, probably never expected for creatures that in their opinion were so far beneath them to grow so dangerously close in form of abilities to them, and grew more and more rigid with each child from their lineage being born.

Amaterasu may have only had her Pyrokinesis, but it was enough to cause a deadly amount of heat if not monitored closely, a fact that her father, the House Elves, and she had thankfully been able to keep hidden, having seen what happened to her cousin Xenos, who had a combination of Oneirokinesis, the ability to manipulate dreams, and Heliokinesis, the ability to manipulate solar energy.

He had died at the age of nineteen, supposedly having been electrocuted by a Spell gone wrong, but none of their family believed in this for even a second....

Zeus had grown paranoid of the Pendragons, constantly sending others to spy on them for him, to make sure none of them planned something that would lead to his position being questioned by others.....

Whenever he felt that one of them grew to be too much of a risk, he would 'dispose' of them, no matter the age or gender... though he did try his luck with quite a few members who had caught his attention by their sheer looks alone.