Chapter 95 : The Order of the Phoenix

,, Sirius...." breathed out Harry, smiling as he went to hug the older Wizard, who returned it.

,, It's good to see you too, kid." greeted the male, letting go of him after a few seconds. ,, I would apologize for my mother's behavior, but I think we both know she would rather eat the end of a broomstick than treat those she feels to be beneath her with respect."

Harry nodded, turning to Regulus, his neck having to crane up slightly to meet his eyes. ,, Good meet, Reg." he said, offering his hand.

He might still be new to the entire Pure-blood etiquette part of his education, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try to at least impress his Godbrother a little bit with his newly acquired skills.

The Slytherin rose one sharp eyebrow, but took his hand and shook it, bowing his head. ,, To you as well, Harry." he replied, before taking his hand back.

While they nowadays had a civil relationship for the sake of their shared friends and acquaintances, they still felt awkward around the other, so conversations did not come as easily to them as others.

Thankfully enough they weren't alone, and Sirius had decided to quickly take over the conversation to save the day. ,, Well, dinner's ready and I think we could all use a bit of a distraction after this eventful evening we've had." he said, ushering them towards the kitchen, the dining room has been off limits because of Orion Black's Portrait hanging there. ,, Also, do not make too many noises, or you'll wake the other Portraits."

Blinking, Harry followed after him and Regulus, asking. ,, Couldn't you just take them off the walls?"

,, My grandmother put on a Permanent Sticking Charm on the back of all of the canvases before she died." answered Regulus. ,, To make sure certain individuals wouldn't try to cause havoc in our Ancestral home." he said, shooting a pointed look at Sirius, who merely gave a nervous chuckle.

,, Yeah... my bad." said the father, as he glanced at his son, Fred, and George snickering at his misfortune from behind them.

Soon they entered the kitchen. It was scarcely less gloomy than the hall above, a cavernous room with rough stone walls. Most of the light was coming from a large fire at the far end of the room. A haze of pipe smoke hung in the air like battle fumes, through which loomed the menacing shapes of heavy iron pots and pans hanging from the dark ceiling. Many chairs had been crammed into the room for the meeting and a long wooden table stood in the middle of them, littered with rolls of parchment, goblets, empty wine bottles, and a heap of what appeared to be rags. Mr. Weasley and his eldest son Bill were talking quietly with their heads together at the end of the table.

Mrs. Weasley cleared her throat. Her husband, a thin, balding, red-haired man who wore horn-rimmed glasses, looked around and jumped to his feet.

,, Harry!'' Mr. Weasley said, hurrying forward to greet him, and shaking his hand vigorously. ,, Good to see you!''

Over his shoulder Harry saw Bill, who still wore his long hair in a ponytail, hastily rolling up the lengths of parchment left on the table.

,, Journey all right, Harry?'' Bill called, trying to gather up twelve scrolls at once. ''Mad-Eye didn't make you come via Greenland, then?''

Several of them dropped, and even though she was Mute, Harry could practically hear the exasperated sigh leave Marisol as she went to his side, taking some from him, while picking up others that had fallen to the floor, catching one with her boot and kicking it up to land on top of the ones she already held.

,, Thanks.." he muttered, at which she shrugged her shoulders, her way of telling him that it wasn't a problem.

,, He tried,'' said Tonks, striding over to help Bill and Marisol, only to immediately topple a candle onto the last piece of parchment. ''Oh no--sorry--''