Chapter 47 : The Nightmare others call Exams, and News from the Ministry

The euphoria of the Quidditch Cup celebrations lasted at least a week. Even the weather seemed to be celebrating; as June approached, the days became cloudless and sultry, and all anybody felt like doing was strolling onto the grounds and flopping down on the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the lake.

But they couldn't. Exams were nearly upon them, and instead of lazing around outside, the students were forced to remain inside the castle, trying to bully their brains into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted in through the windows.

That seemed to be the case for everyone except Celestia, who spent most of her days outside by their usual spot beneath the large Oak tree near the Black Lake with Fenris and Chrome.

When she wasn't there, she usually spent her time tutoring those who desperately needed help, or helping calm down one of the seventh years that was seconds away from having a mental breakdown in the middle of the corridor.

Currently, Celestia was sitting beneath the Oaktree, Regulus' head in her lap as his chest slowly rose and fell to the rhythm of his breathing.

He had fallen asleep after she had insisted for him to lay down and put one of his several books away for at least a few hours, now completely out of it as she gently ran her fingers through his black locks.

,, Chrome, just because he's asleep does not mean you can steal his things." She quietly chided, eyes set on the Niffler, who unsurprisingly had once again tried to steal Regulus' Snake pin, that rested against his green tie.

Chrome huffed, crossing his arms as he continued to eye the silver/emerald pin.....

He may stop for now since Celestia was keeping him in check, but he definitely wouldn't stop trying in the future that was for sure.

Celestia knew that which is why she let out a small sigh, shaking her head at her companion. , By how much he's fixated on that pin one would think it was the shiniest object in the world.'

In reality, the pin was made out of plain silver, and it didn't stick out much, except for the two Emeralds that stood in place for its' eyes.

Regulus wasn't the only one wearing one.

Each Slytherin wore the exact same pin, gifted to them the night the Sorting Hat declared them members of the House of Serpents. A tradition that had been started by no other than Salazar himself, and was continued to honor his legacy by those who surpassed his time.

But even then, Chrome never tried to steal the pin of another Slytherin, his eyes purely fixated on the one in Regulus' possession.

,, He probably only wants it because it would annoy the young Master..." Fenris said, his body curled around Celestia so that she wouldn't have to lean against the tree behind them and possibly dirty her Uniform.

Chrome snapped his head to the Asgardian-Wolf faster than you could say Quidditch, squeaking angrily at him.

He didn't look threatening at all....

Especially in comparison to Fenris, who even in his smallest form looked like he could tear you apart limb by limb for crossing his way at the wrong time.

So it didn't come as a surprise when all the Wolf did was roll his eyes and watch as the Niffler squeaked profanities at him.

All Celestia did was let out a small chuckle, unable to help herself by the sight of her tiny Niffler getting angry over an unimpressed Fenris.

Regulus stirred slightly in his sleep, noticing the noises around them.....

She saw this and quickly stopped chuckling, returning to her earlier position where she let her hand run through his hair, so he wouldn't wake up.