Chapter 46 : The Quidditch Final

When Regulus, Theo, and Blaise had returned to the Slytherin common room later that evening they had expected many things...

However, they would have never in a million years would have thought to come back with the sight of a foul-smelling, green sludge soaked Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle sitting on three separate chairs, with Marcus Flint and Alicia Spinnet crowding around them, as other Slytherins kept as far away from the three as possible.

Regulus let out a tired sigh, walking forward. ,, What in the name of Merlin happened to you three?" he asked them, his good mood from earlier a bit damped.

He could never catch a break, could he?

Draco shot up as he finally took notice of the teen, looking like he was about to burst from either anger or shame. ,, Potter happened!" he told him, some of the sludge dropping towards his eyes and making him wince. ,, I don't know how that git managed to sneak out of the castle, but he did!"

He shuddered, remembering how the Gryffindor's head had somehow appeared just a few feet away from him, floating in the air with the rest of his body missing.....

,, Why did he even attack you?" Theo asked, eyes filled with disgust as they watched more of the mysterious green sludge dribble down to the floor....

More than a few were relieved that the expensive carpets in the common room were currently not there, the House-Elves having taken them for a good clean-up to keep them in splendid condition.

Draco caught the eye of Regulus and immediately snapped his gaze away from him, making the older teen raise an unimpressed eyebrow.

Regulus knew he had done something stupid, and by how he avoided his gaze he was pretty sure that the blonde was afraid of his reaction to the dilemma he had caused. ,, All right, cousin let's try again....." He said, looking pointedly at him. ,, What did you do?"

He didn't answer, but Regulus simply continued staring him down, knowing fully well that he would give in after a few minutes.

Because Draco would not like the consequences if Regulus had to use force to get it out of him.

,, ......................" Draco began shifting nervously in his seat, his resolve crumbling with each second spent under Regulus' stare. ,, ......... I may or may not have loudly talked about the fact that the Hippogriff is as good as executed, now that the Ministry has heard of the incident in the Care of Magical Creatures lesson..............."

Blaise winced, while Theo shook his head....

They did not want to be in Dracos' shoes in this situation.

,, You did what?" Regulus asked, his grey eyes promising a brewing storm of anger..

But then the anger got mixed in with confusion. ,, Wait a second- The Hippogriff is to be executed?"

The Heir of the House of Black had definitely not been informed about this fact..

Draco swallowed a nervous lump in his throat, answering with a shaky and stammered. ,, Y-Yes..... Well... you see....."

Regulus lifted a single hand, quickly silencing his younger cousin and those who had begun whispering around them. Coming from one of the most influential Pure-Blood families and being betrothed to the next Queen of Magical Europe had its perks in situations like these...

, Even if I don't appreciate that Half-Giant being anywhere near my family after his pet tried killing Celestia and another attacked Draco, this is definitely not going to solve anything.......' He thought, mind working fast to come up with a solution.