chapter 7

Once they arrived they could see the madam and the young lady sit together with a bunch of sweats and red clover herbal tea at the table. 

"So you are here, come and sit

"So you are here, come and sit."

The madam says calmly and Annette does as she ordered and sits facing Cassi.

"Well, then I will take my leave," Benjamin says and bows in farewell.

"How are you adjusting so far?" The madam asks as she sips some tea.

"Better than in the orphanage." Annette answers.

"I see, I suppose that is a good thing." She continues.

"It is." Annette continued and then silence broke. A silence that makes Cassi uncomfortable. "Annette, why don't you taste some of the macaroons, they taste so splendid," Cassi says with a kind smile on her face. She has an aura that slightly reminds her of Lucia. Thus she softens a little and tastes one of the green macaroons. The macaroon is flavored with green tea and orange and the filling is as smooth as silk. Annette thought that the taste was close to heavenly, splendid was not enough to explain how good it tasted. It almost broke Annette's typical emotionless expression. " Did I not tell you it was good?" Cassi says as she notices that she liked it.

Something only a few could do. She is similar to her mom in this regard.

"I have never tasted something so good in my life," Annette says honestly, she has not tasted something so good even in her past life. Although Annette was happy with being able to eat something so delicious, the other two became a little sad. They feel sorry for her, to think that she did not even have food that tasted at least a little bit tasty. "My dear, you can eat as many as you want. We are not masters who are stingy with our servants." The madam says with a kind smile that she rarely shows it to non-family members. Annette realized what they were thinking but did not say anything. She is not one to not seize the moment. As the saying goes, do not look a gift horse in its mouth. So she started to eat the desserts one by one.

The cookies were crumbly yet melted in her mouth and the almond taste made one think that they were directly in an almond farm. The mini strawberry cakes are soft and creamy and are an explosion in her mouth. And while she is eating the two noblewomen just watch her as if they can taste it just by watching her. Of Course, she knows this but ignoring outside distractions is what she is good at. It ended with her eating about half of all the sweets on the table. "So you have a sweet tooth." Madam states.

"Yes." Annette answers. "So tell me what are the things you like to do for fun?" Madam asks her. "...Are you sure that you want to know?" Annette asks.

"Of Course, I want to find some common ground between the both of you." She answers. "Eating, fighting, and interesting things." She answers.

"... Interesting things?" She asks.

"If I find something interesting I want to learn about it and do it. Right now I think that doing magic might be interesting." She answers.

"Oh, that means you have two things in common." The madam stats.