chapter 27

For the last 2 days, Annette has not been able to find any more information. That is because Walsh in this time has not left her side for even a minute. All this time he has been flirting with her and kissing her. He has also invited Abi in to teach her how to serve her master. But today is the sat that miss Sungale comes to visit. " Lia, since I can't be with you for most of the day I will let you be  Alice. Since you are now sisters this is a good time to get to know each other " Walsh tells her. "Alright, master." That is when he guides her to a remote place in the garden where Alice likes to plant flowers. The garden is full of pink and blue flowers and in the middle of it all is Alice who is pulling out the weeds.

"Alice, I have something I have to do. Take care of Lia for me." 

" Yes, master." She answers with a childish smile as she runs towards Annette. She takes her hands and says: " I finally get to play with you, I am so happy." As she sees this Walsh leaves."I thought that you would not want to play with me," Annette says. "Why?"

"Because similar to all the concubines of the emperor, I would just be another rival to be wary of." 

" Well I don't know about the others but I welcome another sister after all a happy family is a big family!"

"I see, were you tending to the flowers?"

"Yes, this garden was given to us from master, he said that as his women we deserve the best."

"Oh my, I presume that you like master?" 

"I understand that you are apprehensive because you were just sold, but let me tell you, you won't find a better master anywhere else." She says with admiration. Tch, she has been completely brainwashed. It is probably safe to assume that the others are too. Annette thinks.

"Maybe, it is just that I am not used to the identity of a slave yet."

"Oh, so you weren't born into it, I understand. I had a friend like you, I guess it must be hard to suddenly lose your freedom."

"... Yes..."

"...By the way, your monthly training has not been completed yet. What business is so important that he will leave you to me?"

"Oh, he is going to spend time with his fiance."

"... WHAT, that bitch is here?"

"... What's the matter?" Annette says as she pretends to be dumbfounded.

"Oh sorry, I overreacted. It is just that if they get married, the master is not allowed to spend as much time with us. And I am afraid that she will force her master by using her title to throw us away."

"Well, there is no helping it if that happens, after all, he needs someone with a high status by his side. He is a high-ranking noble after all."

"I... I know... but let's grab the others and spy on them, hopefully, they won't have a good time." She shouts as she grabs her hand and runs like the wind. Once she has gathered everyone except Abi, they hid behind a rose bush and watches the date very intensely. The date doesn't go very well as both parties are very indifferent and are sipping on the tea slowly. "Alice, why are we snooping around like thieves, we can just walk straight in and interrupt them. That way we then show her who is more important to him." Rose complains. "Go ahead if you dare to go against the person the duke wants him to marry," Alice says. "Yes, if he finds out not even master can protect you," Samantha says. "... I guess you are right," Rose says. That is when miss Sungale decides to speak:" You know have thought for a while..."

"About what?" Walsh asks.

"Remember when you declared that you needed more freedom and convinced my parents to prolong our marriage?"

"Yes."

"Well, I thought that since you can play around with other women even though we are engaged, why can I do the same?"

"... Are you implying that until we get married you will flirt around with other men?"

"Yes."

"What if I say no?"

"Oh I am sorry, I did not ask you for permission. I am just informing you of my decision in advance."

"Hahaha, how interesting. Here I thought that all noble women are naggy and boring. But hearing this from you I think I can tolerate my marriage with you."

"Well, I don't think that is a good thing." 

"You are as feisty as ever, but let me tell you this. I will allow you that date a few men while we are engaged but you are not allowed to have sex with them. After all, that would decrease your value in high society. Although I don't really care about this, my brother does."

"This is not a subject that is appropriate to discuss with others around." She says as her face turns scarlet red. " You started it, so why so shy now?" 

"Well, I never brought up that I would sleep with them."

"Ah, sorry sorry." He says insincerely. " But... as we are at that topic, shouldn't it be fine if I leave no traces?"

"Oh, and how will you silence the man you did it with."

"Ha, it would be fine as long I don't do it with a noble, commoners, slaves, and prostitutes all shut up with a little money. And if they do tattle it is easy to cover it up."

"How bold of you, well as long it is handled thoroughly I have no problem with it." 

After that, they continue to chat while Annette here's some servants talk about something that is valuable information to her. " Is it true that the duke plans to overthrow the royal family? A male servant whispers. "Sssh, quiet this is not a topic we should talk about." Another male servant whispers. " So it is true?"

"So what, we will get into trouble if anyone finds out."

"There are no outsiders here it will be fine, I suppose that the drug is a part of the plan?"

"I don't know, I am only an errand boy, they won't tell me the important details. I am not even sure if the rumor about overthrowing the royal family is true."

"I see, well, of course, they would not let a tattletale in on the plan."

"Hey, if you weren't the brother of my wife there is no way I would tell you."

"Hahaha, sorry, sorry, you are right."