Chapter 18

Liendra in the meantime has settled the matter with Delila. She has managed to calm her down enough to go home. She also lent some female guards on the way home to make her feel safer. After that is done she greets Clyde and apologizes for the incident that occurred and tells him that the celebration has ended early.

Of Course, this did not matter to him after all this matter had nothing to do with him. But he knows that this is necessary courtesy since they are of the same rank. Besides he doesn't really like to attend these events so he only goes to those he needs to. So he was happy to leave.

After 4 days Annette is called up to the grand duke's office.

"Do you remember what occurred at my daughter's debut?"

Zack asks her with a serious look on his face.

"The rape incident?"

She asks nonchalantly.

"... You really have no tact."

He says.

"Well, that incident was neither interesting nor did I earn anything from it."

She says with an emotionless face.

"Well, you might be wrong after all those noble houses are suspected of dealing with drugs and it just so happens that his majesty the king gave me the honor of dealing with it. So tell me doesn't an undercover mission sound interesting to you?"

Zack asks with a smile on his face.

"I wouldn't know just from that, it might be too easy for me. And isn't it my job to protect my lady?"

She asks.

"Of Course you will get a reward just in case, I was thinking about tripling your income for a year. Would that suffice?"

He asks.

"Oh my, aren't you being biased, the other employees will be jealous."

Annette jokes.

"Well, you are my daughter's aide after all. I have always been biased towards her. So I will be biased towards my daughter's favorite servant too. Not to mention that my wife also likes you."

He answers.

"I feel sorry about Benjamin, he has served you since you were 15. But you don't give him any special treatment."

She says while obviously facking sadness.

"Oh, I think he is sadder about you not calling him father yet. Anyway, do you accept the mission?"

He asks seriously.

"Well, it's not like I have anything better to do, after all, my lady keeps forcing me to be her dress-up doll and I sure would like a break from that."
She answers.

"Oh, and other than that there are two people his majesty ordered to work with us." He says,

"Who are they?"

She asks.

"Loyd Quincy and Alzid Huzen."

He answers.

'With 2 male leads... wonderful and one of them is that deceitful brat, Alzid. I am sure that I have piqued his interest for some reason. He will definitely do things to try to get under my skin.'

Annette thinks.

"Both of them will be here tomorrow so that we can come up with a plan so do get everything you will need to be packed before then, oh and remember to dress as a boy tomorrow. I don't want any outsider to know your real gender yet"

Zack says as he dismisses her. Annette walks to her room and picks up a few of her clothes and uses space magic to store them.

The next day, As Zack ordered, Annette is dressed as a handsome young man. And right now Zack, Annette , Alzid, and Loyd all sit inside Zack's office to discuss the plan. Of Course, Zack did

"Alright, first we will have Alzid infiltrate the Svenses mansion disguised as a servant to look for documents or any transactions of drugs. And with the help of Lloyd's magic, no one will realize that there is one extra servant. Meanwhile, Anton (Which is Annette's male name) will infiltrate Salone's mansion to do the same.

Loyd will act as support and as a means of communication between us 4 with his magic and he will also do his best to locate the black market where the drugs are being sold."

Zack says.

"What is the name of the drug you speak off?"

Loyd asks.

"Its name is green sin and is a drug that came out of the market 5 years ago but did not become a big problem until 3 years ago. It is a drug that makes its consumer very violent and acts like a mindless zombie. They feel almost no pain. Their eyes will look dead and have bluish skin. They will also drool a lot. Many incidents have happened where those influenced by the drug have killed many innocent people. Once the effects are over they will only crave more or commit suicide. And with each dose on the drug, they will become more mindless and the only thing they care about is to eat that drug until your body breaks down from liver and heart failure."

'That is the drug from Alzids route, but Alzid was not supposed to be investigated until the middle arc of his route which is years from now. Could it be that with me interrupting that rape incident changed the storyline? Also, did I not fight a group of people years ago with these symptoms?'

"Oh and once you find evidence you can get lost if you want. Especially you Anton, give that Salone family the taste of hell." Zack says with an evil smirk.

"I will."

Annette says as she had expected him to say that. Hearing this makes Alzid excited but he hides it under his childish and harmless fake smile. Loyd on the other hand is indifferent.

"Alright, I have given you your supplies for the mission now all that's left is for you to go," Zack says