Chapter 55

As Annette explores the city the first place she goes to is the central market which is famous for its huge variety of products from different places of the world. Even from across the sea. Annette doesn't look for anything special so she simply walks until she finds something that seems interesting. Like chees crapes, cotton cookies, a sharp bronze knife, and a red scarf with silver embroidery. Although there are a lot of peapole here and normally people would be unable to walk forward for long periods for Annette it is a piece of cake. After all, hiding in a crowd is the best place to hide if you are plotting to assassinate someone. Something she learned when she was a mercenary. Anette thought that she would have a calm day at the market without anything happening it turns out that she was wrong. Suddenly she hears a scream and a man cowered in blood falls right in front of her.

Now a normal person would catch him and do a good deed she on the other hand steps to the side and lets him fall to the ground. While this was happening she noticed that the crowd around her hs backed away and were looking at the scene with fear. In front of her is a group of noble men and all of them look more arrogant than the other. With the leader holding a bloodied sword. Obviously, the weapon that was used on the man is now lying on the ground. She looks at the men indifferently and hears the whispering around her. Then the men walk towards them and notice this the man decides to grab her leg and cling to it for dear life. " Please save me miss, save me!" He screams. Hearing this she knows that she has a headache in her hand. 'Why did it have to be her?'

" Are you trying to be a hero?" The leader of the noblemen says with sarcasm.  " Are you blind?" Annette asks. 'It is obviously one who clings to me and I have never agreed to anything, alright.' " How dare you?" One of the noblemen screams with anger. " Sush, dont be rude to the pretty lady." The leader says as he checks her out, he did not notice it in the beginning but she sure is a stunner. " Miss, if you are willing I can let this cheater go if you have a drink with me." The leader says. " No," Annette answers brutely. She rather sleep with Alzid than with this rat. Hearing her refusal the man clinging to her feet gets desperate and starts to scream again. "Please miss, save me. Agree to drink with him or else I will die miserably!" Hering this she gets even more annoyed and her expression becomes even colder. " No. " She repeats again. " Miss, dont be heartless." The man pleads this time with a hint of madness. " He is right, it is just a drink how could you be so heartless?" The leader asks. " Then what are you?" He asks with her last bit of patience. " That man cheated at the casino and tricked me out of my money, so how could I not make him pay? But if you agree I could forget my small grievance with him." He says.

" Yes, yes, please help me out. You are a good girl arent you?" The wounded man says. Hearing this Annette starts to laugh ominously and then smiles at the man at her feet. This smile is so gentle that it makes the man tranced for a moment as he thinks that she looks like an angel here to help him. " I am sorry, but I am a bad girl." She says gently and then she picks him up and trough him at the noble men making all of them fall to the ground. This move dumbfounded everyone on the scene not expecting this outcome. Shouldn't she help this man out of the kindness of her heart? Of course the the 4 noblemen did not expect it either so 2 of them got hit and fell to the ground including the leader of the group. " Arh, get her!" The leader shouted in anger. Hering this the 2 men left standing stopped dumbfounded and went to capture Annette. But how could some spoiled nobles without training be her match? 

When they went to grab her she simply dislocated the first man's hand and kicked the kneecap of the other one, Making both of them scream in agony. And the onlooker get shivers down their spine. This lady is too cruel. Of course, Annette doesn't care about them. Just as the third one got up and went running to her in anger he got knocked to the ground by another. This person turned out to be Clyde. Recognizing him as the leader of the noblemen gets a little scared but thinking about it wouldn't he take his side as a fellow noble? " This is a misunderstanding, we are the ones getting bullied, Grand Duke. This girl is unreasonable, we just wanted to have a chat and she threw this man on us who cheated us out of our money." He pleads. Hearing this Clyde looks at him with frosty eyes and says: " I am not yet the grad duke and if you think I  would believe that then you must be stupid." 

"Wh... what?" The leader asks confused as Clyde walks towards him. Once Clyde is in front of him he bends down on his knees and whispers something in his ear. His face turns ashen and then the city guards arrive. Clyde then stands up and says: " Here they are, the peapole suspected of illegal gambling and assault." Hearing this and knowing his status and reputation, they question nothing and take the 4 noblemen away as well as the wounded man. " Well, aren't you a gentleman?" Annette who has walked towards Clyde says. He turns around to face her and his facial expression is no longer cold. " No, I just thought that you shouldn't want to deal with the questioning of the city guards. I know full well that you didn't really need my help." He answers. " My point still stands, in fact even more so now." She says with a slight smile. " How so?" He asks. "Because you helped even though you knew it was unnecessary." She answers. 

"Thank you then." He answers politely. " Say, would you like to go to dinner with me?" She asks with a hint of flirtatious teasing. To her, Clyde is actually the closest one to her liking so far. After all, he is strong, hot, cold, and domineering yet also respectful, hardworking, and kind. She doesn't know him well yet so if he ended up also being cute and blushed to her testing he would be her ideal type. At first, he was oblivious to what she meant but when it finally hit him his ears turned slightly red. But he still wonders if she actually meant it, after all, she doesn't seem like the other lovestruck girls chasing him. But strangely he thought that he wouldn't dislike it if she was. Maybe it is becuse he considers her an equal? " Are you asking me on a date?" He asks. " Seeing his reaction she smiles even more and just like a fox she turns a little naughty. However, she doesn't overdo it as that should take it too far. " If that is what you want to call it, I dont mind." She whispers in his ear which causes him to blush even more. " I... dont know if I like you that way."
He answers very seriously. Seeing him being so overly serious yet embarrassed she starts to chuckle lightly becuse of his cuteness. He really is her ideal type. "Don't worry, it is just a casual date. If we want to take it further then we can do it later. I believe in knowing your partner before you truly get together." She tells him and for some reason, he gets a little disappointed but he doesn't know why. " Sure, I dont mind getting to know you." He answers. "Then let's go."