Chapter 54

The last battle is between Clyde and a man named Fevory Harclaw. Fevory is the previous champion of the swordsmanship tournament and came in 5th place in the mixed tournament. That is to say, he is a very formidable opponent. But as a highly-skilled royal knight from another kingdom that is to be expected. One does not simply become a royal knight without any skill. He is so tall and muscular, so much so that others call him a giant. He has short black hair, black eyes, and very dark skin. While others can tell that he is strong just by looking at him Clyde on the other hand can sense it rather than see it. It is very common for people to falsely perceive that someone is strong just because they look huge and muscular. But as a professional who truly does practise swordsmanship as well as mages as well as martial artists can tell by their aura or posture. And seeing this man he can tell that he is very strong, not only is his posture without flaw but his aura is strong too. Although swordsmen dont have a profound aura as magic users they still train it up so that their aura becomes stronger and once they become a true master they can achieve enlightenment and become an aura user. Once that happens they can use magic but another kind of magic then mages. Mages can create spells with mana while aura users use the energy from their surroundings with the only cost being their stamina. As such the way they use it is very different from one another.

Once the battle started everyone heard in excitement. While Annette watches to learn from their fight. Only by studying real matches can she truly learn to become even better. Of all the matches this is by far the longest one. They fought for 2 hours and during this time Clyde did not gain the upper hand. While looking at the match it may seem like the opponent is backing off and only defending because of Clyde's attacks this is far from the truth. In actuality, he has complete control of the battle. While the match went on for 2 hours it could have ended in just 2 minutes. It is just that Fevory is not only holding back but it seems like he wants to put on a show for the audience. Annettes sees this but Clyde on the other hand only knows that he is holding back and doesn't know why. Ocurse gets a little upset with not being taken seriously but he doesn't take it too hard. After all this man is stronger than him so he has the right to look down on him. So all he can do is fight back and hope that he manages to get one hit on him. But he starts to get tired while his opponent doesn't even show a single drop of sweat on him. So the more this goes on the less likely he is to hit his goal. And as fate would have it Fevorey finally decided that it was enough and ended the match with one swing.

Fevory Harclaw has won first place and Clyde Winterfrost second place. Leaving Clyde to feel that he has to train even harder. Now the swordsmanship tournament has ended and tomorrow the mage tournament will begin. The mage tournament is the one with the least members, not only becuse not everyone can become a mage but becuse most mages dont want to fight in the tournament becuse they dont like to compete in the public eye. Most mages only compete in their own tournaments where only magic is allowed. They are too proud to with for others' amusement or believe that deciding who is the strongest mage can not be achieved with just a simple battle. Magic is largely academic so battle magic is only a tiny piece of it. So this tournament is invalid to them. But that doesn't mean that all of them think the same way as at least 70 mages participate each year. 

So now Annette has the rest of the day and tomorrow to rest and explore until the mixed tournament on the 3:d day. But for today, she goes back to her hotel room and goes to sleep early waiting for tomorrow to come. She has planned to blindly explore the city with no destination in mind.