Chapter 44

Annette took off the clothes of one of the assassins and ripped it. She used it to block the bleeding from her wound. After that, she searched everybody to see if she could find any identification. She did end up finding a badge that was stuck to their skin. The badge is about as large as a coin; from what she could see, there is a snake with a scythe. She used her magic to summon a knife and put out the badge from one of the corpses, then put it in her pocket for safekeeping. She then walked over to the man she left alive, but just as she was about to question him he committed suicide. Seeing this she is not that bothered by it, she could not do anything about it anyway. So seeing that there is nothing left to do, she walks over to pick up Cassi and then walks towards the entrance that is also the exit. Not caring about Alzid at all. Besides she has more important things to do. After all, she needs to question the workers. After all this place is supposed to be safe so there must be someone on the inside who let this happen. As she walked she noticed that she still can't see other visitors, Which confirms that someone high up was responsible or at least an accomplice. After all, lower workers don't have the power to make sure that there are no other customers inside the park.

Once she ended up at her location she meet a group of employees all looking at her with surprise. Probably because of the wound. "Wh... what happened to you, dear Customer? One of them asks, Annette looks at her colly and says with a calm yet threatening tone. Which makes them tremble with fear. " I need to speak with the manager." She says. " I am sorry but she is currently..." Another employee says but gets interrupted. " Now, the princess of Evernight was almost assassinated in your park. A park that prides itself on being safe from any danger. " Annette says while realizing her dominating aura. " I... I will get him as soon as possible." one of the says and runs away to look for him. Then another employee leads her to the service building and lets her in one of the rooms. With 2 large couches and a large table in the middle. The walls are covered with paintings, all in all, this place looks very artistic. Annette carefully put Cassio on one of the couches then she sat beside her waiting for the manager to come and after 20 minutes he arrives. The manager is a man in his 40 and has a very professional air about him, we walk over and sit in front of them.

"What is the problem?" He asks. " The problem, well, tell me why you let assassins inside to murder my lady and also removed every other visitor who would have bore witness?" She asks with eyes colder than ice. Hearing this his eyes widen in surprise. "Wha... my lady what are you talking about?" He asks. "Oh, so you are unaware. I will get straight to the point. A group of assassins were after Cassi Evernight's life. They used a knock-out powder to make her faint, then they proceeded to try to kill her. They even had weapons, if it was not for me killing all of them the grand duke's daughter would be dead now. Not only that but we have not seen another visitor after wandering around the park. Now tell me if there is no one in your ranks who let them through then who else could, you owe the Evernights an explanation." She threatens. "No, no, I have no idea how this could even occur, we will investigate and then give the grand duke an explanation in due time. Our park's reputation is on the line so you can trust us to keep our promise." He says with sweer soaking his forehead. Seeing him act like this she knows that he is being honest with her. So he is not a very likely suspect so she eases her aura a little and says:" Good, I will leave with my miss and inform the grand duke what has happened. I am sure that he will contact you to inquire. You will speak of the details with him." She says and seeing as he nods, saying that he understands. She walks over to carry Cassi. "Now prepare my horse and help us send the carriage and its horses back to the grand duke's mansion.

"At once." He says and even personally helps her get her horse, she jumps on it with Cassi at her bosom and gallops all the way back home. On the way, Cassi wakes up, and seeing that she is very confused about what just has happened Annette patiently tells her all about it. Once they arrived home she leaves Cassi to other servants and hastily walks towards the grand duke to inform him. Not caring about all the worried looks she gets when the servants look at her wound. Of course, she does not care, she will get a check-up once she has reported today's advent.