Chapter 33

The guard is surprised that I blocked his strike but he quickly recovered from it. So he takes a few steps back standing on guard waiting for the best moment to strike. " Say, do you want to come out of this alive or are you loyal to your employer?" I ask. "What do you mean?" The guard asks skeptically. " I got my orders and those orders don't involve you unless you stand in my way. So I ask, do you want to defend traitors of our kingdom as a good little dog or be loyal to our country and not die?" 

"What do you mean traitors the Salone family are not traitors to the crown." The guard says. "Ha, for someone low down of the chain you sure do have loyalty, even when your employer does not tell you anything. Blind trust I say." 

"I get paid for protecting my masters, so that is what I will do." He roars and attacked me again. I of course easily block it again. Then I kick him in the stomach as I inversely sign. This will be boring too. I decide to make this fast so I decide to use my shadow magic. I cast my spell which makes the guars paralyzed as he gets wrapped by his own shadow. The shadow not only holds him in place but is also crushing him. Once the spell has done its job the shadow disappears and all that is left of him is a disfigured body in a pool of blood. I then turn around and put a fire spell on Walsh that will make him feel that he is on fire. But there is no fire to put out so he will be in immense pain for hours until he dies. Then before I leave I use my shadow magic again to remove the chockers on the slaves and while I am at it remove mine and cut my dress to be easier to move in. Then I walk right out and walk towards the main building and on my way come many guards attacking me so I just use my two swords to slice through them. Some lose their arm, some their heads others get many stab wounds until they can't move anymore. Sigh, is there anyone here who can put up a decent fight?

Pov: Third person

15 minutes after Annette started her massacre Zack and Lyod together with some of the Evernight knights are standing just outside the Salone estate. Zack orders the guards to stand on watch all around the estate for stragglers and they immediately take action. "Grand duke, will everything be okay with just one person inside? Won't it be dangerous for him?" Loyd asks slightly worried. " It seems that the rumors about you not caring about other people are untrue, but do not worry he is very capable. In fact not only is his swordsmanship probably on par with Clyde his magic is only slightly worse than yours." Zack says proudly. Loyd stays quiet but is not fully convinced. "If you are so worried you can go in by yourself and find him," Zack says. Loyd on the other hand hesitates for a while until he finally decides to walk in. 

Once he is about to enter the main building he can smell the smell of fresh blood and once he walks inside he discovered many dead bodies scattered around with blood splattered everywhere. It is almost gory. It is not a sight for someone with a weak heart and he felt slight discomfort. He may have seen dead bodies before but there were never so many at the same time and not with this much blood. The dead bodies he has seen previously have either been killed cleanly with magic, poisoned, or died of sickness. While he can keep himself cool headed this scene still make him slightly nauseous. 'Did he do all this?'Loyde wonders as he continues to walk forward, trying to find Annette. It did not take him long as he saw her using her left sword to cut off a guard's head. He comes to a halt and stares at her with a feeling similar to shock. 'That person is clearly Anton, but why does he look like a girl? And why is he wearing a torn and bloody wedding dress, showing his legs?'

After she has cut off the guard's head she notices Loyds presence. "What are you doing here Loyde?" She asks calmly. He tries to respond but he got something stuck in his throat. There stare at each other in eerie silence until Annette realizes what is wrong. " My real gender is female, I dressed up as a man because the archduke finds it amusing." She tells him and immediately releases him from his trance. And his face turns bright red. " Find something to cover your legs." He says as he looks away. Seeing his reaction Annette's slightly sadistic tendencies turns on. So she walks towards him with a teasing smile, like a cat finding a new toy. "Is the son of count Quincy shy around women?" She asks teasingly.

"W...what, no, it is just not appropriate to have men seeing that much for your legs. So as a gentleman I try to remind you." He says while looking away his face still beat red. "That is how it was two decades ago, it is quite normal for the younger generation to show off this much skin. Some girls wear skirts even shorter than I have now." Annette presses on. " I live in a very conservative household where the woman doesn't even show off their shoulders unless it is to a doctor or their husband. You and I dont have that kind of relationship. So please respect my tradition and try to cover up." 

"I am sorry to tell you but I have nothing to cover up with, besides you dont need to look at my legs." Annette answers. "But that is very hard to do." He answers as he slightly panics." But there is nothing I can do..."

"...You can use my coat and tie so to cover your legs." Loyde offers." My dress is not so short that a coat can cover more of my legs than what already is covered. So the coat is useless."

"I guess you are right." He says bit is still looking away. That is when she decides to walk even closer to him and dose a kabedon which makes Loyd finally look at her.