Chapter 51

(Third POV)

After Clyde's match, the other marches were not as exciting and it was not until the 5th match that Annette was participating in, and as luck would have it her opponent is Gildyen Swart. The both of them enter the arena together and before they even enter Glidyen gloats at her and says: " Little lady, go not beg me later when I have defeated you." Hearing this Annette looks at him like he is a dog yapping around and then simply walks past him and enters the arena before him. Seeing her treat him like a fool he gets even more furious and he swears that he will make her sorry. After the announcer has introduced them to the audience the match begins. But things did not go as expected. None of them attacked the other. Instead, they just watched as Annette stood there lazily not putting up her guard at all even with one of her swords in her hand. Gildyen on the other hand has his sword facing in front of him looking very guarded and professional. Yet he did not attack her at all even with her chest bare opan.

What they did not know is that while she was standing like that he could not find any openings at all. This makes him very flustered and sweaty but he doesn't dare to show it at all. Although he only got his position because of connection he is still a decent knight so him not finding an opening at all in her clearly defenseless posture makes him incredibly confused and embarrassed. 'How is this possible? She is just a useless girl with a bad attitude how can she have any skill with swordsmanship?'He thinks, yet here she is with her sword beside her facing down and chest wide opan for an attack. Yet he fucking could not find an opening in her stance at all! No, this can not go on, being defeated by a brat still wet behind her ears will make him a laughingstock. This can not stand, his reputation will be ruined. " Hey, since you are so young I will go easy on you and let you attack first." He says that by doing this even if she won he can say that he went easy on her because she is young. This way his dignity will not be destroyed.  But who is Annette, of course, she noticed what he is planning and that he is cowering. Annette starts to laugh very loudly. She could not help it, this bastard acted like no one could defeat him and acted arrogantly. Yet when he faces her not seeing how to proceed he tries to lure her into a trap and says that he is kind enough to go easy on her. Even though he wanted to teach her a lesson just a minute earlier.  She is sorry but she can't help but find him laughable and starts to laugh at him with no self-control.

"Hey, brat why are you laughing?! He screams angrily. "Oh, nothing, nothing. Where did your sense of justice come from? Did you not want to teach me a lesson just a minute ago? Such a 100-degree turn." She says mockingly. Hearing this the audience knows that there is something spicy going on here. Oh, the drama.  " How dare you be so disrespectful? He reprimands her like he is a lord teaching his servant. " Oh, why should I? You are not my lord so who are you to educate me?" She says with glee which makes him spit out a mouthful of blood out of anger. 'Good, she really knows how to anger people to death.'He thinks angrily. " My rank is above yours so even if you have a master he is not here right now so I can only teach you myself and punish you or your impudence." He argued back. " Oh, are you so capable?" She asks. " Why would I not be?" She spits back. " Oh, then why are you just standing there and doing nothing? Would it be that you want me to attack first so that you dont look like a bully?"

Hearing this he finally snaps and starts to charge right at her. Annette calmly steps to the side not even looking at him nor using her sword. He missed and he feels even more humiliated and his anger builds up even more. 'She is a brat, how dare she embarrass me?'He thinks and continues to attack. Yet after evry slash, she just calmly steps to the side while not even looking at where he is attacking her, yet every time he misses his target she never uses her sword against him. He becomes more and more furious and his attack becomes sloppier after evry attack. Yet he uses more strangh in evry swing he takes. He is clearly skilled but he let his emotions get the better of him. This is not the quality of a knight but the behavior of a low-level bandit. " WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY AND NOT FACING ME WITH YOUR SWORD?!"

"Ha, with someone as foolish as you do you think that I need to?" She makes him take another step to the side. "Though I have to admit you sure got a lot of stamina." Although this is intended as a compliment in the ears of Glidyen it is like she is mocking him. So the intensity of his attacks becomes even faster and stronger. Seeing this Annette becomes a little excited. 'So much stamina, is that his god's gift?'Thinking like this Annette finally starts to attack but just like she said she did not use a sword to defeat him. Instead, he used her legs to beat him by jumping around and kicking. After all, magic and magical tools are forbidden in the arena of the swordsmanship competition. It never said that you have to use a sword to defeat your opponent so kicking is allowed. So when he attacked her for the 50th time listed of douching she charged forward and Roundhouse kicked him in the right on his face. She flew all the way to the wall and lost consciousness before the teleportation was able to kick in. After all this spell is done manually and the mage in charge of it was stunned when he saw a swordsmanship contestant defeat their opponent with a kick rather than with a sword. So he was a step too late and he was injured and bleeding. After this battle, a new rule was added to the tournament from her out now and that is that only swords are allowed to be used against their opponent.