Chapter 56 First date

"So, what do you want to eat?" Annette asks. " Anything is fine." He answers. "Then let's look around until we find anything," Annette suggests and Clyde nods in confirmation, so the 2 of them walk around and look for a cafe or restaurant that suits their fancy. But it took a while to find any, not because there was a lack of restaurants where they were but becuse all of them were full so they had to find another one. That is the drawback of going outside to eat when there is a big event going around. Luckily they did find a cafe that had fewer people in it. The cafe is located a little bit off the main street in an alley so one won't notice it unless you walk a bit of the popular city route. The cafe is named Darling Bell and has a pastel-colored theme. It is very clear that their target demographic is families with small children and young teenage girls. With all their cutesy decoration and cakes. The 2 of them sitt at a table for 2 near one of the windows and the winter gives them the menu and waits for their order. 

" I will have the chocolate mouse with orange cream and a cup of marigold tea." Annette orders.

"Then I will have the cloudberry tart and warm honey and ginger water," Clyde orders next. The winter nods and says that it will be ready in a few minutes. As the 2 of them sit there waiting for their order they are completely quiet, as both of them are not talkative people. While both of them are like that and normally they would not feel that there is anything wrong with it, Clyde can't help to think that it is too quiet. But not knowing what to say he keeps quiet as he thinks about what to say. He did not come up with anything until their desserts arrived. As the waiter says the price of their order Clyde reaches out to pay for it but gets stopped by Annette. " I was the one who asked you to come so I will pay the bill. " She says. "It is only right that I pay." He responds with. " Why becuse you are the man and I am the woman, or is it something gentlemen do for eduicte?" She asks him which causes him to look a little baffled. " No, I never taught about it, it is just what I was told what I should do." He answers. " It depends on the person, but this is the rule I go by. She tells him. "... Then let's split the bill, that is more fair." He says and Annette agrees and they both pay half the sum each and start to eat. 

" I have been wondering." Clyde says and Annette asks him: " About what?"

" Why did to invite me?" He asks her as it has been on his mind since she did and since i doesn't know what else to talk about he decides to ask her about it instead of guessing.

" Do you need a reason?" She asks him with an alluring smile. " You mean that you just did it on an impulse?" He asks and feels that is a little unexpected, after all, she did not seem the type who would do that. But it is also true that they barely know each other so he doesn't rely know her. " It is partly becuse of Impuls but also becuse you are just my ideal type." Hearing this Clyde's cheeks turn slightly pink and would be barely noticeable if it was not for Annette's keen eyesight. 'Ah, he is so cute.'Annette thinks. "Ho... how so?" He asks and for some reason, he feels a little shy. 'Why am I like this?'He thinks this is out of character of him. " I like strong, sexy men who are cold but also cute and passionate." She answers with flirtatious teasing as she hopes that his cheeks are going to turn a brighter red. But to her disappointment, his blushing doesn't turn any deeper as it seems like he did his best to control his emotions and it seems like it worked at least from the outside. "Ahem." He clears his trout and then says: " I am very flattered but cute and sexy doesn't describe me well." 

" Oh, well I think they do," Annette answers but this time he doesn't respond instead he tries his best to focus on his tart. But she doesn't mind, instead, she quietly chuckles in her mind. 'Did I make him too shy?'She thinks and also continues to eat. From then on they continue to eat quietly without speaking to each other. But it is a tranquil kind of silence that makes one comfortable. But when Annette was almost done with her tea she spotted something at the corner of her eye outside the window. Normally she would not react but what she saw was a group of clocked men dragging away a girl and that girl happened to be Lycia her sister. They are covering her mouth so that she can not shout for help but she also seems very unfocused so she is either under a spell or they have used drugs on her. If it is the former that means that nobels are most likely involved but it is most likely the latter. She can see the look on one of the men's faces. With the way she looks at her, it is obvious that he is under her Affection ability. While this gift can make others like her and treat her well, but it can also make peapole interested in woman obsessed and if they are peapole without morals then they can turn to kidnap and force their way onto her. In the game, many such instances happen and it is most likely what is happening now. But she doesn't remember this happening in the game, after all, she hasn't played much of it but this is still before the game happened and in the game cannon, the first time this happened was in the game so nothing like this happened before the game started.

It seems like this world doesn't follow the game canon anymore and her existence must be the variable that changed everything. But this doesn't matter right now, she first has to save her sister. So she stands up and tells Clyde that she needs to go save someone and then powerwalks in the direction her sister was dragged away, into another alley that is more desolate. Seeing her reaction Clyde gets a little worried and follows after her.

Another shameless advertisement of my works:

Gangster like mommy

 https://www.wattpad.com/story/312569295-gangster-like-mommy

My wish came true after death

https://www.wattpad.com/story/292972087-my-wish-came-true-after-death

The Marriage Peace Treaty

https://www.wattpad.com/story/346804922-the-marriage-peace-treaty

The dragon and phoenix fate twins

https://www.wattpad.com/story/350344314-the-dragon-and-phoenix-fate-twins