Chapter 48

It has been a month now and Annette's wound has fully healed during that time she has diligently studied and created her first magical tool. The magical tool she made is something that evry beginner starts with and that is a light ball, that even commeors use to light up their homes. As it is easy to make and inexpensive. It is the first tool evry beginner makes. Even so, it took her 3 weeks to study the theory to make it and 1 week with 8 failed attempts to make it. It may be easy to make for normal magical tool makers but for a beginner like her, it takes some time. So it is normal to fail as many times as she has. She can be considered a little better than the average but she is no genius on the subject. Although 3 of the failed attempts should be blamed on Alzid who has been regularly bothering her the whole month because he wanted to know her real name while getting closer to her at it. She did not want to tell him but after the 69 times, she gave in and told him. Now there is another matter at hand 2 days from now, the Grand Noble tournament is about to begin. It is a tournament of chivalry that lasts for 5 days where noblemen, sponsored knights, or mages compete with each other for glory and honor. Although it is considered one game it is actually 3 different tournaments. The first is knights fighting knights. The second is Mages fighting mages and the 3 and most difficult tournament is where the 2 professions mix together. It is the most difficult because the top 15 of each tournament are competing against each other in this one. So the first 2 days are when the knights fight, the 2 days after are the mages, and the last day is for the mixed tournament. 

This is important because Annette decided to join the first tournament fighting with her swords. She joined for 2 reasons. One is that she is bored and this is something for her to do and avoid Alzid at the same time. The second reason is that she knows that she needs to improve her swordsmanship skills. She hopes that highly skilled knights are competing so she can face them to improve. She may seem very strong, but that is because she has only faced enemies who are not true swordsmanship geniuses or who also use magic so she in turn also needs to use magic. This is an opportunity to focus on just her swordsmanship skills. It. also helps that the reward money is 35000. Enough money to buy a small mansion in a rural area. Only a fool doesn't like money in a money-driven world. So today is the day she travels to Darvit which is the city it takes place in. Darvit is the largest city in this kingdom, it is bigger than the capital. That is because it is a port city which imports and exports goods from 5 different countries. It is also highly valued because it is a popular tourist location as it has many attractions such as the world's biggest greenhouse, the gallery of diamond statues, its colorful beach with Cyan colors sand, and the kingdom's second largest stadium where the tournament takes place. Not to mention the many theaters and shops that are there. Arriving at Darvit from the capital takes 5 hours of horseback riding with stops for the horse to rest. But the tournament takes place early in the day so she must go today. 

Annette decides to ride her horse all the way there and not take a carriage. So she rides all the way there by herself and once she is in Darvit, she shows her identity card to the city guards and it turns out that once they see it they know that she is competing in the Grand Noble tournament. It turned out that they were notified of evry competitor in the the Grand Noble tournament and they notified a guide who had the responsibility to guide the contestants to their hotel room. It turns out that the tournament is large enough for them to be able to afford rooms at 5 Sun hotels from all the competitors. But she is not complaining as it saves her the trouble of finding a room in an inn or a hotel. And during this time it is also impossible to find a vacant room. This is also why they decided to give rooms to the competitors so that they have somewhere to live. It turns out that it has become a problem in the past so they're willing to spend a little more money on it. The guide showed her the way to the hotel and after she stabled her horse they went to the stadium where the competition took place. While they walked the guide explained to her the rules of the tournament, its history, and when she should arrive tomorrow. Then they return to the hotel again and before they separate she gives her a card with her name on it and a number, this is her contestant card and she has the number 63 out of 80 knights.

Annette checks in the hotel and decides to go directly to bed and sleep. After all, she is tired after all the traveling. And she has a long day ahead of herself tomorrow.