chapter 17

Annette immediately went to find Benjamin since the grand duke and the grand duchess are most likely not available at the moment. And it did not take long for her to find him since he is almost always near his master. Protecting him in the dark.

Benjamin of course notices her walking closer to her.

"What is it?"

He asks with a smile and she uses her magic to summon a white magic crystal. Then she puts it on the gem on her choker and uses a magic spell. From the gem comes out blue dust-like energy that gets consumed by the crystal. That slowly turns bluer and when it is done the crystal is now completely blue. The same blue that the dust was. She then gives it to Benjamin and he takes it.

"The young lady ordered me to save someone."

Annette answers stoically.

"Oh, what crime was committed?"

He asks with a smile.

"Hmm, attempted rape or maybe you should call it foreplay rape?"

Annette says with uninterest.

"... You really are a heartless person."

Benjamin sighs.

" Not as much as those who blame the victim and those who do the deed."

Annette answers.

"... more like you don't really care what happens to someone unimportant to you."

He answers.

"Yes."

She emits calmly.

"You are the only one I know that would emit that like it is nothing."

Benjamins says.

"The criminals were rather careless with what they were saying so all the evidence needed is inside. From them introducing themself and confidently admitting their crime. All that's left is to give it to the grand duke."

Annette says and he nods.

"What about the victim?"

He asks.

"She is in our young lady's care with Clyde Icenfrost."

Annette says.

"The Woman hater is taking care of a woman?"

He asks.

"He seems to be someone with knightly principles, so he will help anyone who is in distress and it is more like he is just there overwatching the situation."
Annette answers.

"Ah, you are almost as good as the grand duke when it comes to judging people."

He praises her as he pats her head dotingly. Something Annette previously avoided with all her might but once they formed a familial relationship she allowed it. Unfortunately, the head of his family did not allow him to adopt a commoner even with the grand duke's recommendation so on paper she is not his daughter. But it did not stop him from thinking of her that way.

"Did you kill the criminals?"
He asks once he stopped petting her.

"No, they are just unconscious. I left them at the blind spot in the back garden near the resting room the young lady is in." She answers.

"What damage did they receive?"
He asks.

"the onlookers' faces got ruined and the perpetrator will have big scars on his chest and get turned into a eunuch."