Chapter 46

After Annette visited the medical office the doctor told her to rest for at least a month and he immediately informed the grand duke about this as he did not trust her to rest at all. Annette has visited the medical office quite a few times and she has always not listened to his instructions and kept working while hiding her sickness or injury perfectly. She was only discovered when he either caught her red-handed or it had gone on long enough for her to faint. She is the most infuriating and worrying patient he has ever worked with. So now he has learned his lesson and immediately informed the grand duke about it. This time she won't be able to ignore his orders. Annette was of course aware of what he was going to do but she did not care. If she refuses to do something she wants to see who can stop her. Even though it may seem that she is obediently serving as an aide she is only doing it for her benefit. There are only 4 ways that a comment can become noble, one is to buy it. The second is to accomplish a great achievement that benefited the country. And the third is to get adopted by a noble family. The last option is to find a patron who is willing to give her enough resources to study and take the royal exam. If that person can become one of the top 15 that person will be granted a title. 

She can buy a title and it will take her too long to accomplish a great achievement. She doesn't want to be adopted since it can not guarantee her a stable lifestyle so her only option is to be supported by a patron. To her, Zack Evernight is just that person. So the reason why she is willing to serve Cassi is considered as a form of payment to the grand duke. It is a mutually beneficial relationship and it is that kind of relationship that she is most comfortable with. It is clear and easy, with no unexpected complications. Being clear-cut is what makes her comfortable. She has always been bad with messy relationships. That is a part of the reason why she does not like Alzid. It is hard to know where a person like him stands. One day they could be friends the next day enemies. That is why she tends to gravitate toward honest and principled peapole. If something goes wrong then you will always know and the damage taken will be a lot less. But unluckily for her in her previous life, she had never encountered someone like that. Her lifestyle did not allow it. That is why she took a liking to her naive sister and one reason why she decided not to enter any kind of military profession. She also wanted to try something new. 

Since she is free Annette decided to go to the library to study and maybe start to create a simple magical item. She must leave now before the doctor returns or else he will force her to lie down in bed and do nothing. The library is currently empty so she was able to study for 4 hours in peace. Until the grand duchess heard about her wound and discovered her. She forces her to go back to her room and rest. The next day she was told that Cassi would temporarily live with her grandparents together with Cris. The grand duke wanted them out of the way when he was going to investigate who hired the assassins. The previous Grand Duke of Evernight his wife's father is a famous war hero and his elite soldiers are now working as guards for him and his wife, So they will be a lot safer living with them. So both Cris and Cassi went to say goodbye to her and told her to rest well so that her wound would heal faster. She did not answer them which made them doubtful that she would take their advice to heart. She just said her goodbyes and went to the library again to study. During this time the prince also went to the library to read. They did not speak to each other for a few hours until Joseth asked her: " How much do you know about Alzid Huzen?"

"Why do you ask?" Annette says back. " Because he seems to have taken a liking to you..." Before he can continue Annette says: " If you want to warn me about him there is no need. That anima... man is a sadistic bastard so I know that I should not associate with him." "Ah, you seem to know him well unexpectedly. After all, he is very good at hiding it under his innocent smile." Joseth says surprised. " That smile can only fool normal people," Annette states. " Well since you know, then it makes it easier. I want to warn you, that it appears that you have gained his interest. And I mean an interested beyond normal for him. It appears that he has become attached to you." He warns. "... Dont tell me that all along he was a masochist?" She asks with a cold gaze. " What is that?" He asks confused. " I person who find sexual pleasure by being beat up." She says bluntly. Hearing this he becomes a little uncomfortable and says: " Only for you." Hearing this Annette freezes and becomes surly. But she quickly controls her emotions. " What did that f#cking snake confess something to you?" Hearing her cursing in front of him, the prince becomes stunned. Noone has dared to curse in front of him openly before. He clears his throat and says: " Apparently, he has fallen in life with you." Hearing this Annette drops her book, never in her wildest dreams did she think that someone with the same kink as her father would fall in love with her. Is this a family bloodline thing? After all not only did her mother in her previous life marry a maschosist. Her sister in her previous life dated 3 men in her lifetime and all of them turned out to be masochists. She has never believed in fate but, is it her fate to be bound to a maschosist like her sister and mother? She has nothing against such a person but if that person in Alzid is also a sadist she has a feeling that she can never get rid of him, as from what she knows of his game route he will be very clingy.

(Links to my other works)
https://www.wattpad.com/story/350344314-the-dragon-and-phoenix-fate-twins 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/312569295-gangster-like-mommy

https://www.wattpad.com/story/292972087-my-wish-came-true-after-death

https://www.wattpad.com/story/346804922-the-marriage-peace-treaty