43

Izuku Midoriya POV

A date?? Why didnt Y/n tell me about this, this is big news. I shouldve expected for so many boys to become so accommodated to her, even on her first day. But her getting boys to ask her out already is crazy.

my eyes are threatening me with a knife, telling me its time to cry

"can i see your phone Y/n." Denki asks, I look down at the packet of mochi in my hands. an amazing idea came to mind.

"oh sure!"

"Y/n we have to go! the mochi is melting!"

"oh shit." gasps Y/n

I grab Y/'ns phone out of denkis hand and put it in my pocket before grabbing Y/n's hand and rushing out of the market.

"Later denki!"

"Later Sunshine!! bye midoriya."

"bye" i grumble.

Y/N's POV

After we stop running and end up speed walking, I grab my phone from izukus jacket and I look down to see a half typed number, not finished. Ill ask denki tomorrow. Izuku readjusts his hand to my arm and holds onto it tightly as he guides me somewhere, if i had to take a guess id say we're walking to the pier in front of us. I try and think about my day, half shitty half okay. Fucking Aizawa dude. Ruined my mood so fast, manipulative father figure ass hoe. Atleast with Bakugo as my sparring partner for the long remainder of the trimester every weekday it should be a big pain in the ass for Aizawa ^^.

I feel my arm shaking. I look to my left and see izuku shaking with a heavily forced smile on his face. His eyes are the only thing keeping his facade together, but his eyes flicker small flashes of jealousy and sadness.

As angry as i am that hes upset with the relationships IM RESPONSIBLE FOR AND CREATE, i still understand how hes feeling. I tighten my grasp on his arm and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Izuku, youre crushing the mochi box."

Izuku looks down and loosens his grip on the box rapidly in a shock.

"im sorry !! jeez im such a mess up today arent i ahah!" Izuku laughs. His self deprecating joke seems less as a joke but a reflection of his self esteem right now.

how i wish i could talk about feelings without sounding forced.

"yeah! ahaha" i respond. regretting those words the second they seep out of my mouth

OH MY GOD WHY DID I SAY THAT.

Izuku winces and looks at me with sad eyes.

"really? is that how you felt about me today" he asks, his voice quivering as he struggles to maintain eye contact with me.

I put both of my hands on his face, practically squishing him.

"no! i just blurted out some random nonsense without thinking about it! you're kind, compassionate, reliable, a bit dense at times but you're never a mess up, and even if you were id never consider you as one! "

i feel proud of myself for coming up with that at once.

Izuku Midoriya's POV

I barely can comprehend the words Y/n is saying, im stuck in a pink haze where everything feels amazing. I watch as Y/ns expressions go from worried to critical to kind and compassionate.

Why would she ever date denki?

why would i let denki have this feeling when it can be preserved with me.

and the way denki had called Y/n "my love".
how stupid of him to consider Y/n as his.
if anything shed be mine.

mine?

"Do you understand Izu?"

Im snapped out of my trance as Y/n finishes her rant about me not being a mess up.
The feeling of her skin pressed against mine is enough to make my brain turn into mush.

I hold one of her hands to keep against my face for a while longer.

"Yes i understand, i love you dearly Y/n."

Y/ns eyes show no more signs of worry.

"i love you as well izu."

Denki isnt a match with Y/n, and i'll do everything i can to prevent him from coming close to hurting her.