15

"He JusT waNTS tO bE a CheF!"

Izuku passes me the tissues and I take a handful, wiping the tears away as Linguini pushes Remmy away in the movie. My crying session is ruined when I notice my phone vibrating. I pause the movie and check my phone.

boom boy 💥

"Sorry Izuku."

He smiles at me reassuringly as I press the answer button.

"Helloooo?"

"Dumbass! Why did you leave without saying goodbye?!"

Friiiick. Salty bakugo is not a good bakugo.

"I was in a rush. It isn't nice to keep a friend waiting."

"It isn't nice to leave without saying goodbye either dipshit!"

I roll my eyes and look over at Izuku, who is staring at me as I continue talking to Bakugo.

"Let it go Bakugo. Don't you want to hear about what happened about UA?"

"Don't change the subject!"

"What is there to talk about?"

I hear the sounds of Bakugo pacing around his room, I can hear his footsteps somewhat clearly.

"Why didn't you say bye?! You didn't say goodbye when you fucking left me for eight fucking years!"

I set the phone aside and put it on mute. I grab a pillow and place it on top of my face.

"Are you Ok Y/n?"

I shake my head no. I set my pillow aside and look over at Izuku.

"Izuku, do you hate me for leaving?"

"What? Wh-"

"Speak to me dumbass!"

Bakugo's voice interrupts Izuku rudely. I groan and grab my phone, unmuting myself.

"What do you want me to say Bakugo?! You're interrupting Ratatouille, and I'm sure Izuku would want to continue watching the movie too. Bye."

"WHY ARE YOU WITH IZUKU THIS LA-"

"Byee~"

I end the call and toss my phone across the room. Not saying another word as I grab the remote and press play. Hiding under an abundance of blankets. But my shelter is destroyed when Izuku pulls my blankets off of me without warning.

"Hey!"

"I don't like how Kaachan was talking to you."

I look at Izuku, shocked at what I was hearing.

"I don't like it either. I can't do anything about it."

Izuku takes ahold of both of my hands and holds them in between us.

"If something happens, if you feel unsafe. You need to tell me. I may not be strong now, but I will become stronger! I want to protect you... I don't want you going away or getting hurt."

I look down at our intertwined hands, he has a strong grip on my hands, making me feel comfortable. I lean forward towards Izuku.

"I promise. I won't let you down Izuku. I love you so much."

I lean further towards Izuku and lay my head on his chest. He lets go of my hands and hugs me tightly. Rubbing my back reassuringly.

"I love you too."

The both of us hear my phone vibrating from across the room. I sigh and bury my head further into Izuku's chest.

"I keep on getting reminded of things I can't control. Why do I feel bad if it's not my fault? Actually...

Nevermind.

Let's just watch the movie."

Izuku covers the both of us in blankets and we continue watching the movie. Ignoring the repeated vibrations of my phone across the room.