Chapter 18

Y/n's POV

"Hello?" I initiated.

"Good evening Y/n." Daichi's voice booms through the speaker of the phone.

I somehow felt at ease, the way his voice seems to calm me down was something out of a novel. It was unlikely of me to be calmed by a mans voice.

Wanting to rid of the thought of my mom and me fighting I tried my best to bury it at the back of my head.

"I'm glad you called." I said, feeling a smile making it's way to my lips.

"Well, I'm glad you answered." He joked, which earned a light chuckle from me, "So tell me about your day."

I sighed, now laying on my bed staring at the ceiling as I focused on daichi.

"So many things happened, are you sure you want to listen?" I asked him, not wanting him to be bored through the phone.

It was my first time to worry about a male being bored with me, I usually don't care. You have a first at everything, I guess.

"Yes, I want to hear your voice." Me too, I wanted to tell him. But my shyness got the best of me and held my tongue.

After Y/n telling daichi about her day.

"You had a fight with your mom? Because of me?" He asks one more time.

After telling daichi about my day he supringly listened which he said so, I had now changed into my pajamas, sitting on my bed with my notebook which held my assignment to do open in front of me.

"Yes." I replied once more.

"Are you okay with your mom going against our relationship?" He asks, this was really a first for me.

This was my first time going against my mother, she was everything I wanted to be when I was little. Being proper and had a nice future and a trusting husband, she turned me into someone wanting to be like her. But I guess I grew old. I don't hate my mom.

I just wished she understand that I knew the difference between bad and good, I still want to be like her But not as a mother figure.

"Yes, she's been against me my whole life." I joked which daichi chuckled at.

"I'm sure she loves you." He assures me.

"I know that, every mother loves their children." I replied back, answering the questions on my notebook with one hand and the other holding my phone on my ear.

"What about the coach's offer?" He suddenly asks.

"What about it?" I asked back, stopping my movements and frowned.

"Are you not going to accept it?" He asks me.

I haven't thought about it, should I?

"I don't know yet, maybe I won't though." I honestly answered.

"I was hoping you would." He says back.

"Why?"

"Because we're going to be there, I was hoping tha----

----I'm going then." I answered without hesitation.

Forgetting about the fact that I was studying, forgetting about the fact that my mom was still mad at me. I just wanted to see him. Wanting his arms around me.

It's been days since we haven't seen each other again, it would be a bummer if I let this chance slip away from my finger.

I heard daichi chuckle at the end of the line.