Chapter 29

Next day

Y/n's POV

"Do I look okay?" Yamazaki asks as he starts to clean his uniform which he already did a minute ago.

"How many times do we have to tell you that you look great?" Kuroo answers for me, as he leans back on his chair, a black cat sleeping soundly on his lap.

We were now at the cat café Yamazaki said, Yamazaki and kuroo bought the balloons as I was persuading Aiko to come to the café on a specific time, she agreed with it not really knowing about the plan we just planned.

"What if I messed up?" Yamazaki asks with a concerned look on his face.

I had to help him with his uniform, because it's usually not very neat and his tie was usually messy now it was neat. I already told him that he can be himself, but he insisted to neatly prepare him for Aiko.

"You won't, just be yourself." I told him almost the hundredth time today.

"She's right." Kuroo says, wanting to have me not notice the way he was about to bite into the tricolor dango, but before he could I had slapped his hands away.

"But what if I say something and then mess everything up?" He asks once more, drowning in his own doubt.

"Instead of worrying why don't you just wait for her? And if she arrives, just ay what you want to say." Kuroo suggests before looking at Yamazaki.

Yamazaki sighs once more, I can see the way his hands shakes on the table. Is it really that hard to say sorry? When I said sorry to daichi, I only felt like it was the right thing.

I looked at Yamazaki who was sat in front of us, kuroo beside me who was eyeing the Dango with all his might. Ever since the food came kuroo couldn't take his eyes off of the food, I had to guard the food just so he couldn't eat it. It would be disrespectful if we ever had a single bite without aiko.

"Hey kuroo." Kuroo hums in reply at Yamazaki, "Don't you have practice?"

"We don't have practice today, just coach nekomata telling me that it was unprofessional for me to skip practice unannounced." Kuroo says, Yamazaki lets out a small chuckle.

"You should've told me that you would get in trouble if you came with me." I said to kuroo, as I now fully faced him with a 'are you kidding me' look.

"It's fine, it was just one practice missed." Kuroo assures me.

Our conversation was cut short by the sound of the bell ringing meaning someone entered, we all snapped our heads to the door. Meeting eyes with aiko's widened ones.

As soon as she eyes Yamazaki she immediately turned around and left the café as if she was never there, without second thoughts yamazaki stands up from his seat and gets out of the café as well.

Leaving kuroo and me alone.

"Can I eat the Dango now?" He asks as if nothing happened.

"No... You can't." I said, looking at him with a glare.

He sighs before moving away from the Dango.

After a few seconds, kuroo starts to spark a conversation after he noticed the silence around us except for the non-stop meowing.

"So did you talk to daichi?" He asks, I was hopeful he found a way to talk about something but my hope soon faded when it was daichi.

I don't feel like talking about him since I still don't feel good whenever I hear his name the words he said to me lingered like it was going to haunt me forever.

"I did, we cleared it up." I replied, before looking ahead of us, seeing a ginger cat jumping up to yamazaki's chair and looks at me with it's green eyes.

"That's good, last few days before summer camp." Kuroo reminds me, "You get to finally see him again."

I sighed, the cat meows at me, kuroo was right I finally get to see him and maybe clear things up in person. But I don't find the usual excitement in me whenever I know that I get to see him. Maybe it's because I'll just be disappointed of his lack of emotions.

This was why I don't have a boyfriend.

I worry too much.

"What if I annoy him again?" I ask kuroo, looking towards him with a frown.

"You sound like Yamazaki." Kuroo says before smiling at me, "But other than that don't point the gun at yourself all the time."

I took his words to heart, he was right. I know that sometimes I overthink things, I always do blame myself to every problem that happens to my life. But it really was my fault, right?

Suddenly we were cut off by the bell ringing again, meaning someone entered. We snapped our heads Towards the door, seeing yamazaki and Aiko awkwardly entering the café with red cheeks.

"He did it."

Aiko's POV

I immediately turned around as soon as I met his eyes, Y/n really tricked me into agreeing coming here.

I was stupid to think they weren't planning something.

But why? He said it himself that we should stop talking, why is he running back to me? So he can hurt me again?

It's not like he knows about my feelings, it just hurts that he thinks he can toss me around like this. Just like what he did way back when we became close, he always picks on me and insults me as a joke.

But somehow, I learned something about myself.

I like him.

Even if those things coming out of his mouth was something I hate I still find myself laughing at it whenever I come back home.

I kept walking and walking until...

"Aiko..." I heard his voice, his footsteps catching up to me, I fastened my pace a bit more.

But it wasn't enough to prevent him for grabbing my arm and turned me around.

"What do you want?" I ask him, my tone came out meaner than expected.

"Please... Just listen to me?" He tells me, his eyes looking at me as if it was begging for me to stay.

I took my arm out of his grasp and look at him in disbelief.

"I don't want to, you've said it yourself that you didn't want to talk to me." I said to him, he just looks at me with an expression I never thought I'd see in his pretty features.

"It was a mistake." He answers.

I shake my head, was this one of his jokes again? Was I one of his way for entertainment?

"That's not a reason for you to just ignore me like that." I impatiently tell him.

"Do you want to know the reason?" He asks me.

"Yes! I've been wanting to, ever since you pushed me away." I said to him.

What was he even thinking that I wouldn't like to know the reason?

"I like you, I was afraid that you didn't like me back so I pushed you away before you could hurt me. I know it's dumb for me to push you away but I was just scared." He admitted, the look on his eyes was filled with sincerity.

But I was mostly shocked by his confession, I had my eyes widened a bit.

Did he truly like me? I couldn't ignore my heart from beating so fast, feeling things that I thought I could never feel. I felt comfort right at the time.

He looks at me with care in his eyes, while giving me a small smile, it gets so hard to breathe when he's looking at me like that, I feel alive and free when he's looking at me like that.

"Idiot." I said before wrapping my arms around his waist, feeling comfort as he also wrapping his arms around me.