Chapter 48

Kuroo's POV

A sudden wave of worry flushed all over my body as Y/n's expression turned blank once more, not a very good one at that. I swear if daichi said something bad I'll have to do something to him.

Before I could turn to kenma, my eyes catches Y/n clenching the clinic's bed sheet with her small fist as she starts to look at the camera intensely, what's happening?

"Daichi, I need to go." With that being said by Y/n she hangs up and then tosses her phone to the side as she brought her head down.

I feel my chest slightly clenching at the sight, she's already sick and daichi is worrying her out?

I could treat you much better.

I shook the sentence out of my head, feeling slightly ashamed that I even thought about it. With a sigh I was about to approach the girl but the door to the clinic opened before I could.

I flinched slightly before turning my head towards the person who opened the door, seeing the nurse with a gentle smile as she walks up to Y/n who was already looking at her with the same blank expression.

"Your advisor advices that you should go home sweetie." The nurse says in a gentle voice.

Y/n shakes her head once more before sighing.

"You don't understand, I—

—I'll walk her to the train, miss." I suggested, having enough of Y/n declining the offer that was the most reasonable in this situation.

Y/n couldn't do anything but to shake her head.

"Y/n please just go home, the more you stay up the longer the fever will stay." Kenma reasons, his voice coming out with a worried tone.

Y/n finally surrenders, nodding hesitantly as the nurse quietly claps her hand before handing the medicine to Y/n who took it gladly.

"I want to go home, now." Y/n says in a serious tone, that was a change of character.

A minute later

"You didn't have to walk me." Y/n says as she slowly takes a fee steps, looking so awful as she tries so hard to keep steadying herself as she walks.

It almost pains me to look at her this way.

"I couldn't just let you walk alone in this state." I explained.

Seeing as Y/n wiped the sweat off her forehead that was forming non-stop, she groans quietly before stopping in her tracks and proceeds to take off of her uniform jacket and places it inside her bag with an annoyed expression.

"This weather is killing me." She complains as she starts to fan herself by her hand.

"It's not even that hot, you're just sick." I said with a chuckle at the end, grabbing her bag before she can place it back on her bag, she frowns at my action which I brushed off and continued walking with her bag in my hands.

Soon after Y/n ignored my action and walks beside me.

Not long after a few words was shared I didn't think to question what she and daichi had talked about, I was invading her personal space if you ask me, I don't need to know everything about her even if I'm a little curious hehe.

"I can't walk anymore." Y/n complains with heavy breathing as she stops once more and proceeds to place her hand on her knees to try and catch her breath, "Jesus Christ, was this walk to the train ever been this long before?"

I let out a low chuckle, walking towards her but still chuckling I lowered down to her level before patting her head.

"Ride me." I said without thinking.

Not a few seconds later have I realized what I just said when I saw Y/n widening her eyes as well, I felt the heat creep up to my cheeks as I flinched with widened eyes.

"I... I didn't mean it like that!" I defend before looking away.

"You're always saying things out of context!" Y/n says back before letting out a small chuckle.

The first time I heard her laughing for a while, I smiled and slowly turned my head to look at her.

Deciding to not say anything this time I turned around which now my back was facing her as I crouched down, signaling her to get on my back.

"Are you sure? Won't you get tired?" She asks.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Just get on."

She finally surrenders before placing both of her legs on my side and now was completely on my back as I wrapped both of my arms on her leg, making sure I didn't touch any parts that was invading her space.

"Comfortable?" I asked as I started to walk.

I hear Y/n hum as she rests her head on my shoulder, the feeling of her hot breath near my ear sent butterflies down my stomach, I brushed it off and continued to focus my way to the path.

"You're warm." She says, her arm that was wrapped around my neck tightened a little as she snuggles more onto my shoulder, "And you smell nice."

The compliment itself brought a blush on my cheeks as I decided it was for the best to not respond.

Soon after it fell silent, the sound of cars passing by us as we walked down the street with her on my back was the only thing that could be heard, I didn't dare to mutter a single word when I heard her slightly snoring.

I had mumbled a 'cute' in my mind before focusing back on the road.

Who knew that I could ever have her like this? Have her this close to me? Have her depend on me, it was a nice feeling, it was the type of feeling I never had the guts to forget nor would ever forget about.

"I know that I don't deserve you." I started to talk to myself, smiling sadly as I was feeling rather pathetic about myself, "But someday, I will grow to the point that I do and will deserve you."

I meant it, every word that I said I meant it. How can I be saying these things she isn't even mine? Some guts you have kuroo, some guts you have.

I sighed, feeling more pathetic of me talking to myself. I do turn into a crazy person whenever I'm with her, do I regret it? No.

Time skip

"Y/n, wake up." I tell her over my shoulder, feeling my heart slightly skipping a beat when she slowly opened her eyes as she rubbed it with her hands to adjust to the surroundings, cute.

I placed her down slowly on the ground, she groans slightly before gripping on my sleeves clenching it with her fist. My heart beating faster once more.

She finally takes a hold of herself and removed her hand and took a seat on the train stop chairs, I chuckled lowly before sitting next to her, she was still having her head down.

"You okay?" I asked her with concern.

She shakes her head before looking at me, I can see the slight change of her features, she was thinking of something.

"Do you know someone named yui in daichi's school?" She suddenly asks making me quite surprised about it.

Of course I knew her.

"Yes, she's the captain of the girls volleyball team in karasuno, why do you ask?" I replied to her.

She gulps and turns away from me before answering.

"It seems like the two of them have a close friendship together." She says in a low voice.

I frowned.

"Of course they have, they both are captains after all." I tell her, hoping that the sentence made her slight better of whatever she's thinking.

She sadly looks at me with a sad look.

"I feel something bad about them." She says in a very vulnerable voice, almost like she was about to cry.

Daichi shouldn't be doing what I think he's doing.