Chapter 37

Y/n's POV

Lifting the heavy box off the ground I was about to start walking to the storage room when..

"You sure you don't want me to help you?" Shimizu asks me for the second time, before eyeing the other heavy box laying on the ground.

"Yeah, I'll catch up with you guys" I tell her to stop the frown on her face, I didn't want to spoil her fun since the girls decided to hang out in the café near by.

With a sigh Shimizu replies, "Fine, we're not going to eat without you though."

With that being said Shimizu walks off, I put strength on the heavy box that was filled with new volleyball equipment that coach told me to place in the storage room, it wasn't a problem for me but there were two boxes to carry, and they were too heavy for me, but I can manage.

About to walk inside the gym I was stopped by a presence beside me, I flinched and turned to the side seeing Kuroo take the second box off the ground as if it was nothing and looks at me.

"Let me help you with this, Y/n." He says with a sly smirk, knowing very well I couldn't ignore his offer even though I already ignored Shimizu's.

"Suit yourself." I replied before turning away from him and started walking towards the gym to get the job over with, not really knowing why I rejected Shimizu's offer but not his.

We both walked side by side with heavy boxes in our hands.

"Congrats." Kuroo tells me, "I'm happy for you, I really am."

"Thank you Kuroo." I replied and turned to him to give him a smile.

He smiles back at me, but something inside of me tells me that it was a forced one but I shake it off and turned my gaze up ahead, seeing that we were now nearing the entrance of the gym.

"Where's kenma and the others?" I question the man beside me.

"Resting." He answers, "By the way Y/n." 

Kuroo calls making my head turn towards him and humming in reply.

"You promised you'll tell me about your dinner with Daichi and your parents." He tells me and starts to wiggle his eyebrows at me making me chuckle.

right, how could I forget? Kuroo was basically the one who comforted me when no one did, I do consider him as a close friend, I know It's funny that I would rather eat broken glass than label him as a friend back then, but I guess some things does change.

"Of course I will." I replied as we now entered the gym and now heading towards the storage room.

"Just promise me one thing Y/n." Kuroo stops in his tracks which I did too, turning my body towards him I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Be happy with him." Kuroo sotfly tells me, the way he said it made me feel like it was nice to have someone care for your happiness.

I nodded my head towards him, "I will." I replied not noticing the slight blush appearing on my face at the mention of daichi.

"Okay then! Let's get these boxes to the storage room becayse these guys are heavy." Kuroo complains but nonetheless ruffles my hair with one hand, the free hand still holding the box as if It was nothing before walking ahead of me.

Leaving me behind who was still rooted on the ground.

This actually my first time having someone wanting me to be happy, and It's nice to know that It's a guy like Kuroo.