Chapter 44

Y/n's POV

Kuroo came back from the kitchen with a scowl on his face, my phone still in his hands as he handed it to me.

"He told me he forgot about it." He says making my heart hurt than it already was.

How can he forgot? He was the one who planned it, he was the one who told me about it.

"What about my messages and calls? Didn't he see it?" I asked, worry was laced over my tone.

Kuroo sighs as he proceeds to take a seat beside me on his couch.

"He said, he had something to do." Kuroo says in a soft voice.

My mind stopped working, my heart became numb of all these explanations and excuses daichi just said. Why of all times does he have something to do? How can he forgot something like this? It all doesn't makes sense to me.

He was the one who sounded so happy, so excited to go, what happened?

I can't stop my mind to question things like this, but putting this aside I was happy that I fell in the arms of kenma and kuroo to comfort me in this kind of situation.

"I want to go home." I said, can't help but to tell them.

I miss the feeling of being around my old self, not worrying about this love thing if I ever knew this would happen, but I should've expected that love wasn't all just bright colors.

"I'll take you home when this rain calms down." Kuroo tells me, continuing to sip on the hot chocolate he failed to finish.

I muttered a small 'thank you' under my breath, taking in the warmth of the blanket as I snuggled in it more. I can't really helo myself feel good about these two, taking me in their home as if I was someone special to them.

If you ask me, I didn't imagine myself being in this situation way back when me and kuroo weren't friends.

Time skip

"Please tell them I took a friend home when they arrive." Kuroo says to kenma who was leaning on the front door, door frame.

Kenma nods, I'm surprised in a way that they're really close to each other that they let the other stay in their home to guard ut. I admired their friendship to be honest.

"Kuroo?" I called out before we can get out of his house.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure I can borrow your clothes?" I ask him once more.

He groans playfully before facing me.

"Have it as yours, I don't mind." He says with a smile.

As me and kuroo now walked out of his residence, a umbrella up our heads. The rain had calm down a little but it was still raining, I told him we had to be safer than sorry so we bought a umbrella with us just in case.

It was silent between us, I was too busy admiring the neighborhood I was in. It was really peaceful.

"I'm glad kenma found you." He says breaking the silent between us.

I looked over to kuroo, he was already looking down at me, the umbrella handle was on his left arm.

"I am too, God knows what will happen if he didn't." I said as if it was a joke when I released a small chuckle before looking away.