Chapter 26

Daichi's POV

I messed up, didn't I?

How could I even say that to her? I felt so hurt at the moment those words left my mouth, my mind wasn't in the right place and I knew that. I wanted to be as far as possible from Y/n before I hurt her.

And now that I did, I can't blame anyone else but me.

Kuroo's words earlier was like a slap to my face, I needed to be strong. Did I even do that for Y/n? For my team?

I should apologize to her, I promised myself not to hurt her. I feel something so genuine towards this girl and it's honestly surprising that I get to feel this in my last year of high school.

But that wasn't the point, the point is... I hurt Y/n, I can see it in her eyes when I told her the words but it was a second before I later on realized and didnt bring myself to apologize.

I'm pathetic aren't I?

And this burning sensation towards kuroo being close to Y/n wasn't helping either, but I should thank him either way because I he didn't give me words that slapped me I wouldn't be okay right now.

I already told myself that they were just friends, kuroo is also my friend if that's what we are. But that doesn't stop me from being such a jerk for saying those to Y/n.

Just because of a game, I brought my frustrations on her and said awful things that was beyond limits.

How could I be so reckless?

Standing up from the large rock I was met by my team waiting for me at the entrance.

I could use some help from them too.

"Daichi-senpai, are you okay?" Hinata was the first one to ask.

No, I just said some awful things to the girl that meant everything to me.

"Yes." I replied.

Y/n's POV

I sighed, stopping on my tracks I find myself stopping outside the building.

The sensation on my chest was still painful, the lump in my throat was still their making me remember the things he just said to me. The tears gathered up in my eye but I wiped it before It can escape my eye.

I shouldn't be crying like this, I should stop being so dramatic.

Think about something you like, Y/n.

Cats.

My emotion finally started to calm down, sighing in relief I was about to take a step forward when.

"Y/n!" I heard kuroo yell from a distance.

I turned around, seeing him running up to me with a worried look.

"Kuroo?"

"How could you leave me like that?" He asks, his tone was filled with humor.

I remained looking at him with a blank look, which slapped the smile off his face when he noticed the look in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I nodded at his question.

"I'm going home." I announced, turning around and was about to walk away when I felt a grip on my wrist, I quickly turned around.

The hand was still on my wrist.

"I'll go with you."

At the trains station