Chapter 43

Kuroo's POV

"You're grandparents and I are stuck here in the city, it's raining like cats and dogs so I'm guessing we wouldn't come home soon." My dad yells in the other line as the sound of rain falling down and hitting on it's surface was heard.

"Sure dad, be careful." I replied back, I heard him say good bye one last time before hanging up.

I sighed, tossing my phone across from my bed as I sat up and turned my head to look at the window beside my bed, water droplets can be seen. Really, what's with the weather today?

My grandparents and dad had to go in the city to buy a couple of things and I told them I would stay back home since I wasn't really in the mood to go out. I really just wanted to rest til the weekend comes by like a flash.

*knock* *knock*

The loud knocking or more like banging on my front door snapped me out from my thoughts, hurriedly standing up from my bed. Who could possibly knock on our door in this kind of weather?

"Kuroo open the door now!" I heard kenma yell making me fasten my movement on running than it already was.

Kenma? What's he doing here? To be honset I'm usually the one who comes to his house to drowning him on my volleyball fever when I was young, now that he was here and plus that it was raining heavily was a change.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I replied back calmly before finally facing the front door and opening it wide.

Wide enough for me to see kenma hugging his arms around... Y/n, who was looking down on the ground, I can tell by her skin that she was shivering, and by looking at her clothes I assumes she must've somehow took a shower under the rain.

I was stunned, with slightly wide eyes I began to worry. Why was she so drenched? Why is she here?

"W... What are yo—

—I'll explain later, just warm her up will you? She's freezing." Kenma says, the tone he had was filled with worry.

I let them inside my residence, walking out as I went back to my room before grabbing a pair of pillow and blankets and my favorite toy plushie that was a little dolphin, I really don't know why I brought it with me tbh.

Walking back downstairs I was met by kenma slowly sitting Y/n on the couch, Y/n's expression couldn't be read other than she was lost.

What are they even doing here? Why is Y/n so drenched? Why does she look miserable? All of these thoughts flowing around my mind without answers. Why was she even here? Did she need anything?

Walking up to the both of them I placed the sheets and pillow beside her.

"She should change into new clothes first." I suggested before taking time to scan her.

She was just looking down on the ground sniffing as if she was just done crying. Was this something to do with daichi? If it is I'll crush him, looking at Y/n now was all I worry about.

"You do it." Kenma immediately passes the responsibility to me.

"Why me?" I asked him.

"You're much more close to her." He uses a stupid bullcrap of an Excuse.

I sighed before turning to Y/n.

"Let's get you upstairs Y/n, I'll prepare some clothes for you to change on." I suggested, she just nods her head slowly before standing up.

Almost tripping over her own feet I managed to caught her, wrapping my arms around her for support as we now continued to head upstairs to my room.