6

Betty's POV
Today I was seeing my dad, I went to the hospital with Cooper right in his little carrier.

I said to the nurse "Hal Cooper. I'm his daughter."

The nurse smiled and took me. As I walked to the room I knocked on the door and he turned his head seeing me.

I smiled at him and he smiled saying "my Elizabeth..."

I smiled running over and hugged him gently.

He smiled and said "ahh Cooper..."

I laughed and Cooper sat on his chest and he smiled.

He asked me "you been doing okay?"

I nodded and he sighed as I told him "the doctors said nothing is worse...nor better."

He sighed and said "I'm trying."

I nodded saying "I know daddy, I know you are..."

I held his hand and I pulled out the bills and he said "you don't have to keep paying sweetheart."

I nodded saying "I do, now wait here okay?"

He nodded and I went to the front desk and paid with my card.

As I went back he smiled and said "one day if I get worse...may I come home with you... I do not want my life to...here."

He began coughing and I sighed and said "of course...I don't want you dying here I want it to be at home."

He smiled and I cried and he said "sweetheart..."

I then said "who do I have if your gone?"

He sighed and I cried and leaned on his hand as he rubbed my head.

He told me "maybe you should talk to your mother."

I looked at him and he said "I think you should go see them in Riverdale...if I go I want family around you..."

I sighed and he said "please sweetheart...at least try for me?"

I smiled and nodded and kissed his head as he smiled saying "you were always my favorite."

I giggled and he laughed. When I left I was in my car sobbing. I was just crying, my whole life would change if my dad left me.

As I pulled out I backed into someone and yelled "fuck!"

I groaned and got out seeing a black car damaged.

"I'm so so sorry!" I yelled.

I grabbed my purse as a women came out.

I said "here...here take this, it'll cover it..."

The girl then said "I've been begging my husband to buy us a new one, it's fine."

I smiled and she said "you okay? You look like you've been crying."

I nodded and said "my dads sick. Just came to visit."

She frowned and said "I'm sorry."

I shook my head "he's been fighting a long time...and he just told me if he gets worse he just want to come home...which I'll do...I don't want him to die here."

I sighed and she said "it's okay about the car I'm rich I can get it fixed."

I nodded and she said "I'm Veronica."

I smiled saying "I'm Betty."

We shook hands and she said "look, my fathers ass, your father seems amazing, just don't lose hope, you never know when a miracle can happen."

I smiled saying "it's kinda hard to hope that...when he's been the same since I was 17 and now I'm 25. You just loose hope."

She sighed saying "hey, I don't want you doing anything dangerous, wanna get some coffee?"

I smiled and said "sure."

She smiled and I followed her from behind to a coffee shop.

As we arrived I said "this place is cute."

She smirked saying "I own it."

We walked in and I saw a girl working at the counter as she said "hey lSylvie get this girl a number five."

She nodded and I sat down holding Cooper and she smiled and was admiring him.

"Awww! He's so cute!" She exclaimed.

I laughed as she held Cooper and he smiled, Cooper was always a sucker for petting.

"So what's your name again?" She asked.

I then said "Betty, this is Cooper."

She smiled and said "so, listen, my dad is major ass. However I have to deal with him but for you, just love your dad, I get you don't think there are some good things that come out of horrible things but trust me, I went through such a horrible time in my life while I found the love of my life..."

I smiled and she said "trust me okay?"

I nodded and she kissed Coopers head.

I got my coffee and she said "secret ingredient vodka, trust me sounds horrible but try it."

I smiled and drank it and nodded and she said "you see! Now you look old."

I scoffed and she said "not like that! But you look mature, 25 no?"

I showed my I.D and she smiled and I said "thanks for the coffee had a rough last week."

She then said "why is that?"

I sighed and said "this guy I slept with, blew me off. And honestly...I was so open with him, I told him about my family my dad my own mental health and it was all...for nothing. Because I saw him trying to sneak out after we had sex, god I didn't even let the guy use a condom, thank god I take my shots...he's just an ass. I regret every moment with him. If I could I'd give him his money back."

She was confused and I said "I am a stripper and he was one of my clients."

She nodded and said "well, I have a friend so much like who your talking about. But he's rich and all so gets away with anything, all the girls just want to run back."

I sighed and said "well, I wouldn't be one of those girls. Especially cause I told him about why I hated having second...he still used me...guys are assholes."

She smiled and said "Sylvie two shots, I love you!"

I laughed and she said "we're gonna be best friends."

I smiled as I said "if you want you can come to the club I work at, I'm working again tonight, be nice to have a friend."

She smiled and said "sure where is this place?"

I gave her my business card and she said "wait...your the Elizabeth! Sylvie! It's the Elizabeth!"

I laughed and she said "your working at Ramonas no? My daddy has been trying to get you to work at his clubs!"

I laughed and said "who's your dad?"

She replied with "Hiram Lodge."

I smiled saying "oh my god he's offered me like five jobs! Ive rejected him just cause I'm old friends with the head of Ramonas."

She smiled and said "I'm definitely coming now, bitch I wanna see you perform!"

I laughed and she said "we're gonna be best friends forever."

I smiled and she smiled too.