21

Jughead's POV
Today I was going to meet Betty's dad. As Betty and I were getting ready she seemed a little uneasy.

I asked "you okay Betty?"

She nodded and said "just... just nervous it's the first time my dad will ever see me with a guy...since High School."

I smiled and held her from behind whispering "I know what can help..."

I slowly untied her robe and she stopped me and said "not today Juggie..."

She walked away and I was confused, she never denies sex, did I do something wrong? Did I hurt her while having sex? Shit what if I did.

I walked out saying "hey you... you okay? Just wondering...I'm not good in this relationship aspect of things, so if I did something I'm so fucking so-"

She then turned saying "I think Toni's trying to hurt me."

I was confused and she said "the other day I went undercover at the club and wanted to see one, how it was doing and two, if I can find anything useful...I then saw Toni...she was talking about how she wanted to get rid of me Juggie..."

I then said "okay Betts your way in over your head, Toni would never do that."

As I walked away she said "of course you'd say that."

I stopped and turned and said "what do you mean?"

She then said "because! Veronica and everyone had told me you trusting me as much as Toni! Of course you still fucking trust her more!"

I scoffed saying "shut the fuck up."

Betty then said "believe me! Please! Trust me!"

I looked at her and she said "unless you still can trust me like that, you can trust me by using my body and skills but you still can't really trust me."

I sighed and said "Betts..."

She scoffed saying "it's true then...fine, you know what don't fucking come! I don't wanna see you."

She grabbed her stuff and grabbed Cooper and left and I frowned and sat on my bed and rubbed my head. I decided to make a call to Cheryl and sighed.

"Jughead, what's up?" She answered.

I then said "do you know where Toni has been the last couple of nights?"

She then said "well...here at home...why?"

I then sighed and said "I figured...it's alright bye."

I hung up and sighed rubbing my head and face.

Betty's POV
As I got ready I got in my car and just drove on my own with Cooper. As I got there I grabbed Cooper and put him in my purse and we left the car. I went inside and was escorted to my father and saw him standing up with some ladies.

"Dad!" I said smiling.

He said "Ive been practicing for when you come see me..."

I smiled and gently hugged him and he held me as I cried.

He rubbed my back and I asked "how is he doing?"

She then said "by miracle it seems hes now beating the cancer."

I smiled and hugged him as he said "I may have a few years left so you still have me."

I laughed and he did too and said "what...you didn't tell me about the tattoos, the hair looks beautiful but...tattoos?"

I gulped saying "it's nothing dad...just some stupid choices."

He smiled and kissed my cheek and I helped him sit and I sat next to him and he held Cooper.

"Now how's my grandson?" He said

I laughed and he smiled saying "I thought you were bringing your boyfriend?"

I sighed and said "I thought I was too...but he doesn't seem to trust me, I don't want him coming if he won't."

He frowned and said "it's okay sweetheart...there are many, many boys out there in the world, you'll find him one day."

I smiled and we hung out the whole day. As we hung out I stepped out for a bit and saw a nurse go in. As I paid his bills once again suddenly we heard some beeping go off. I panicked hearing it from my fathers room.

He said "I don't know what's wrong."

I saw the I.V and snatched it off.

He winced saying "Elizabeth!"

I gulped and the nurses came in and saw what had happened.

I said "I'm sorry I panicked...I'm so sorry..."

She then said "you actually saved your fathers life sweetheart..."

I was confused until she pointed something out in the tube saying "that shouldn't be in there, get Mr Cooper a new I.V please?"

Someone nodded and I sighed in relief hugging my dad and she said "however I need to call the police. Someone had tried to kill your father possibly."

I gulped and said "who would kill him! We don't know...anyone..."

She then said "Miss are you okay?"

I became dizzy and held my mouth and grabbed a trash can and vomited. She ran over with other nurses as I continued vomiting hearing my dad shout for me.

After a bit I sat down saying "I'm so sorry...I just... the thought of someone hurting my father...he's already dying my father has no enemies!"

She then nodded saying "I understand."

I sighed and she gave me some apple juice and a cookie to help me calm down.

I was sitting alone as suddenly I heard "Betts?"

I opened my eyes seeing Jughead and I got up quickly and he sighed.

He said "I'm so sorry I didn't come, I just...I just needed to be sure of something."

I frowned and said "if you don't believe me just go okay I'm already dealing with enough."

He stopped me and said "Toni was at the bar, I can't clarify what you said but I'll believe you for now."

I then said "I don't need for now, I need from infinite."

He sighed and I said "why can you just accept it Jug? I get that you've been friends but I'm trying my best here, I haven't had a friend group or as you'd like to call it. A family. I never had one. All my life it was truly me and my dad, so I don't understand...because family is people you trust but I don't trust her."

He sighed and I said "just leave please..."

I walked away and went into my dads room as he sat up and smiled at me.

I smiled as he said "you okay?"

I nodded saying "when I'm with you I'm always okay..."

He smiled holding Cooper and I kissed his hands in relief and happiness. As he smiled and looked up and I turned around as I saw Jughead and he stood there at the doorway and I got up and looked at him.